The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Backs are up against the wall. This is a big game for the team. Gut check time. Myers loss sucks, but there are no excuses. You perform or you don't. I want to see a hard fought game like game 3. Not a snoozer like game 4. Really wanna see this team step it up 5 on 5. We can't crutch on our PP every game.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

As much as he was an absolute liability I miss the physicality he brought. 

Definite game changer for better or worse. You would have to be a bit VERY worried TERRIFIED if you're on the other team. I think he had a bit of a screw loose. Not exactly psychopath but definite sociopath. It's kind of like he didn't fully understand it was wrong to completely run someone head into boards headfirst ... he just knew he had to go sit in a small box himself every once in a while. 

If Travis Green moves Boeser to Bo's line, I'll have confidence in this unit. If he leaves him up with Petey and Miller I think we are gonna look like game 3 Canucks. 

Winner of this game takes the series most likely. Let's see if coach is willing to adjust his team. 

• Vintage 1

Will be cheering hard for 51 to have a bounce back game, and redeem himself. He's got a ton of heart but he is staring down the barrel of the gun so to speak. Hoping he can seize the moment and prove to himself and everyone else that he can play at this level. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Definite game changer for better or worse. You would have to be a bit VERY worried TERRIFIED if you're on the other team. I think he had a bit of a screw loose. Not exactly psychopath but definite sociopath. It's kind of like he didn't fully understand it was wrong to completely run someone head into boards headfirst ... he just knew he had to go sit in a small box himself every once in a while. 

He was missing a ton of screws.  Like a BBQ bought from Canadian Tire

my lineup hopes....

Swap in Juolevi for Benn.

Move Virtanen up to Horvat's wing, LE to Sutter's.

Better puck movement / transition from the back end.

More speed, heaviness, and scoring punch for Horvat's line.  Horvat and Pearson are hard enough to handle, but add Virtanen to that and you get that much more speed and transition game (that we aren't getting from LE).   Jake would need to maintain attention to detail, but he's capable of that.  Call on him to step up.  They were a good unit when Green treid them together in the regular season.  Maybe time to try a carrot for JV.

Sutter's line can manage with Eriksson - the lack of threat LE is posing doesn't hold back that shutdown unit as much as it might be holding back Horvat.  And if Horvat is aiiling a little - a bit beaten up - Virtanen's heavier game might help.  Still a capable shutdown unit with Roussel Sutter LE - and with the Beagle line one-two punch - Horvat's shutdown effectiveness maybe not as critical as getting a bit more of a threat on his other wing? 

Anyhow, if I were looking to change thiings up at all - that's what I'd try.  If they leave it as is - I would not argue with that either - it produced good results in games 1 -3 - and there's not much you can do about the loss of Myers  aside from try to make due with the alternative.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1