The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

100%. The pp is predictable. 

When we waited for Petey to make the team we all salivater at him and Brock on opposite sides blasting pucks. We've seen it from Petey, and still do, but what the eff happened to Brock? 

The only answer as to why we're not seeing a full throttled PP of howitzers from both sides is that Brock's injuries have taken away his ability to do so. We haven't seen his shot since his rookie season. 

4-3 Nucks. 

It's been pointed out already but Brock isn't playing that position on the powerplay, he's usually put down low.  Miller has the spot on the left wall.

• Vintage 1

Watching back at the tape of the Blues goals this series, have come off of bad turnovers.  

1) Defense not doing a good job clearing or using the outlet pass

2) TG's system has 2 forwards leaving the zone prematurely and leaving the defense hung out to dry

3) Effort level - from everyone, not just the top guys, not just the bottom six, not just the goalie, everyone - can't have passengers 

Clean those 3 things up, we have a way better chance tonight to pull out a W.

Lets Do This Alright GIF - LetsDoThis Alright ImReady - Discover ...

2 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

It's been pointed out already but Brock isn't playing that position on the powerplay, he's usually put down low.  Miller has the spot on the left wall.

He's definitely not usually put higher up but has been. The point is still there, regardless of where they put him, as it's undeniable that his shot hasn't been the same for quite some time. If there's nothing wrong with his wrists, then I'm guessing we'd see him positioned more like Petey. 

29 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

we need big bodies up front with speed. 

louie and macewen needs to be dropped for bailey and gaud

i would drop tony too and give juolevi a chance, do or die game anyways

I saw “we miss big boobies up front” and I actually miss the gratuitous well endowed blonde in a tank top sitting first row behind one of the benches.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Tonight will tell volumes about this team 

It will... and from experience with watching our team this year will bounce back with adjustments needed to take back control of this series and put the Champs within 1 game of going golfing.

:towel: I pulled out their golf bags n balls so there ready to hit the links swingin!

5217E36E-E0E5-4478-9C2A-77E76061F268.jpeg

C3FA92A5-6808-49E8-AC87-1796370DCEC0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, rychicken said:

No need to edit for that, we have a poster posting his exact same message  10 times a thread... :)

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I dunno.  The winner of Game 7 takes the series 100% of the time.

Through an incredible coincidence, I posted this verbatim without seeing it. (In response to VC's post about the importance of game 5). I didn't want to take credit for the cheekiness away from the person who got to it first.

• Vintage 3

33 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Yep.   I think that’s because Miller is often relied on to get the puck into the zone when they don’t do the drop pass (which every team does and for multiple reasons - it works to gain the zone plus then two guys have speed down low and get right to their positions) and he’s much steadier on the boards plus keeps that side working (and good and keeping the puck in).   BB often ends up the odd man out as a result and has definitely hurt his production as his shot is all but taken away.   The only chance he has to score are garbage goals (and nothing wrong with that) ...  it comes down to experience and as of right now Miller is a much safer option where he is then the inverse.   BB taking his spot would increase the odds of breakaways and losing possession.  Miller’s shot is still a great option - over 10 PPs we’d score just as many and this way at least we won’t have to re-group as often and get have as many PK chances against.    

One game without a PPG isn’t panic time. 

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Canucks 3 - 2

goal scorers:

Jake

Sutter 

Eriksson

yeah I may be dreaming, but big picture, if we even hope to move on past the Blues we need more secondary scoring from players like this.  

About as bold as it gets   :metal:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Miller blocked a shot with his hand early vs Minny. Brock always has wrist problems. Jake is a no show.

This is Jakes game to prove he wants to be a Canuck. If Jake can't get it done the pressure goes to Boeser to be the finisher we know he can be. 

I feel like Miller is playing with a bad hand. 

His shot in OT in game 3 had zero zip on it. Not what we normally see from him. 

• Cheers 1