The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

After 4 games, our boys caught on to their cheating ways. Many times tonight when our players got tripped or pulled down, they also grabbed and took down one of their players as well. This limited the amount of odd man chances against us and also tired out their guys from having to pick themselves up off the ice everytime they took our guys down. 

These are skills and tricks learned through experience as refs cant call the canucks when the blues are the ones that committed the original infraction that they didn't call and the result was a canuck player falling and taking down a blues player accidentally on purpose 

Issue is that sometimes they DO end up calling us for retaliating.  But the officiating was pretty good tonight overall.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

I guess a silver lining is that i though Tanev had his worst PO game with the puck.  Seemed to get stripped or picked off all night, but he'll bounce back.

I thought he was very strong late 

I was ready to lose it when Stecher casually shot off the wall late, that needed to be drilled down the ice

2 minutes ago, footsy said:

It was Miller that brought us back not Marky. Marky always does the job, Miller lit the fire. This was obvious. Why this sucking up to goalies is always required is beyond me.

if not for Marky then JT would've needed to score 4 or 5 to pull this one out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

All the criticism of Jake - myself included, right at the front of that line - and he can through HUGE tonight.

His speed was massive tonight, scored a goal & had chances for another. This is the impact we need him to have. What a boost it is to have Virtanen going.

Playoff Jake finally showed up! Turns out he ain't a unicorn, but a war horse.