The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He will be valued now in the North American stage 

trust me I want to keep him just worried we may not be able to 

He wants to be here. It doesn't matter how he's valued around the league if he's committed here. I'm not worried as he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that is looking for the biggest paycheque. His demeanor has always been team first and Swedes are generally loyal (at least the ones that have come through here). The rumour has always been around 6 million, I don't see that changing and we can afford that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Many people prior to this game had their knives sharpened suggesting tonight's result will define us (likely expecting/hoping for a loss). All locked and loaded to rip into Green and Benning surely.

Well the players pulled through. All Benning acquisitions (Motte, Virtanen, Miller). Green made adjustments prior to the game and in game. I hope the ones saying this was a defining game are ready now to see the resiliency of this team which goes beyond the work of the players.

it's the Canuck crabs phenomena.

put one crab in a bucket...it climbs out.

fill the bucket with Canucks fans - and none of them get out

the minute one starts to climb, the rest pull that crab back down.

The Canucks themselves, though - can't see buckets for their focus on the Cup.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He will be valued now in the North American stage 

trust me I want to keep him just worried we may not be able to 

Not worried at all. Marky's heart and soul are with the 'Nucks. They love him he loves them and his team mates. He'd never bolt from this team for more money unless it was hyper substantial. Not gonna happen with flat cap.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I miss John and John.

Wish they were the voices of this.

That said - I like DeBrusk - and Cuthbert has that classic voice - that enhances the game (brings the hype to the CFL as well).

Cuthbert brings back memories ... I think of him and Whitman as they used to call the western games on CBC... Don with some historic calls like game 7 1994 vs the flames.  Hopefully cuthbert brings some of that magic too 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayinblack said:

I really think our boys learned something about their own switch in the 3rd.  Completely reversed the flow of play and gave the defending champs their own medicine.

Agreed.

That was complete domination of the Stanley Cup defending champs.

There was a point before one of the goals... Motte’s? They looked super confused.

I may have “confused” with “recalculating”. They looked stunned and then BOOM. They turned it up and never looked back.

7 minutes ago, brownky said:

Cuthbert IS the CFL football guy in my mind. He's a fantastic announcer.

Louie DeBust could take a hike but he's still better than Kevin Weeks and I'm thoroughly happy that there's no Dave Dandorf here. Dave's a knowledgable play caller but... that voice... it's just... not good for thith.

He's a great football announcer but Shorty is one of the best hockey announcers in the league

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, brownky said:

Cuthbert IS the CFL football guy in my mind. He's a fantastic announcer.

Louie DeBust could take a hike but he's still better than Kevin Weeks and I'm thoroughly happy that there's no Dave Dandorf here. Dave's a knowledgable play caller but... that voice... it's just... not good for thith.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

it's the Canuck crabs phenomena.

put one crab in a bucket...it climbs out.

fill the bucket with Canucks fans - and none of them get out

the minute one starts to climb, the rest pull that crab back down.

The Canucks themselves, though - can't see buckets for their focus on the Cup.

Lol

26 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If he plays like he did tonight. No need to re-sign TT73

I personally don't want to sign either Toffolli or Virtanen. I would trade them both if I could. Why? Because I never saw Toffoli as that good. The points that he got were more of chances created by other teammates. If Toffoli is considered one of our core players then sure. BUT, Toffoli is not part of our core. So Toffoli should be in a role where he is supporting the skilled/core players by fetching pucks, going to the front of the net and playing hard. But what I saw Toffoli do in the season is score on chances created by core players only and I have not seen a play where he generated a chance on his own and created a chance to score for other players.

30 minutes ago, footsy said:

I hope Boeser has a few pucks bounce off his butt so we can unload him:bigblush:

I think I have to agree with you even though you are sarcastic. Boeser, I think, has lost his shot cause he seems like he is unable to move like he did in his rookie season. I wouldn't mind moving Boeser.

• Wat 1