The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Louis Domingue appreciation

Rate this topic

timmylu1

20 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I think he is trying to show he is a team guy and I think he has to do that.. If he expects to even get an offer. That is my point he doesn't have much choice if he wants a shot at The NHL again. Rask can be banging prostitutes and still get an NHL contract.

Exactly.. he can go home but good luck getting a job next year.. 

I drove half way across Canada for a job interview in my early 20s many many years ago. I lived in a small and very cold town training for some time after getting the job..It was a public service job. I didn't expect the public to thank me for that.. it was for my own career advancement..  

LD isn't doing anyone any favours. He's there for his career advancement to provide for him self and his family.. 

He didn't raise money and fly to a 3rd world country for 2 months to install water pumps for poor people so they can have clean drinking water.. he's there for him self and his career.. 

I heard he baked chicolate chip cookies for the team after game 5 victory vs Blues. Seems like a good team mate. All this can only help him get a job next season. 

18 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I respect it.  Baertschi showed that not spending time in the bubble was a real option.

Completely different situation. Apples and Oranges

Baer is signed to a 3 year 10 mill contract. He is signed for next year and guaranteed to make NHL money even playing in AHL.

LD is UFA and is hoping a team gives him a job next year. He'll be happy making league minimum. He had terrible numbers in NHL and the minors last year

LD doesn't have the option to sit at home and tell Canucks buzz off. He's pretty much going thru a job interview right now. 

It's no different than going up north to work.

Regular folk work away from their families all the time.  And they just had 4 months off PAID.

And when this is all over who knows when they will go back to work as a next season isnt guaranteed any time soon.

I dont see the big deal, sometimes your job causes you to make sacrifices.

• Upvote 1

Domingue as our back-up if Demko gets used as a sweetener to move a bad contract?

With the expansion draft looming, let’s say the Canucks use Demko as a sweetener to move a bad contract.   

Do you guys think Domingue would suffice as a back-up for next season?    I’d personally be a bit wary of this but perhaps I’m underestimating LD here.   My line of thinking is that IF the unthinkable happened and Markstrom went down for a long time, we’d be screwed.