Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

WCSF: (2) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Dallas Stars | Stars win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4636__stanley_cup_playoffs-primary-2020.

Western Conference Semifinals

1064_colorado_avalanche-primary_on_dark-3531_dallas_stars-primary_dark-2014.png

(2) Colorado Avalanche vs. (3) Dallas Stars

Saturday, Aug. 22, 5:00 pm PT: Stars @ Avalanche | NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS

Monday, Aug. 24, 6:45 pm PT: Stars @ Avalanche | NBCSN, SN, TVAS

Wednesday, Aug. 26, 7:30 pm PT: Avalanche @ Stars | NBCSN, SN, TVAS

Friday, Aug. 28, 7:00 pm PT: Avalanche @ Stars | NBCSN, SN, TVAS

*Sunday, Aug. 30, TBD: Stars @ Avalanche | TBD

*Monday, Aug. 31, TBD: Avalanche @ Stars | TBD

*Wednesday, Sept. 02, TBD: Stars @ Avalanche | TBD

:(  I wanted to face Colorado.  Dammit Calgary no matter what you always infuriate me.

The round robin thing kinda has the playoffs messed up for me. Dallas ranked higher than St Louis seems funky to me. Lol. This will be a interesting series though. Heiskanen vs Makar. Gonna be fun to watch from that standpoint.

Avs in 6.  Stars goalie will steal a game or 2.  

Im gonna go out on a limb and hunch and say the stars upset the avs in 7

• Vintage 1

Avs in six. Stars defensive game and goaltending will get em a couple, but the Avs firepower will be too much for Dallas in the end. 

How do I choose for BOTH to lose in 4 straight?! Don't really care. Hate 'em both..not even gonna guess.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Quite frankly, I don't think the Stars have much of a chance here, but I'm giving them two games, because they surprised me against Calgary.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

:(  I wanted to face Colorado.  Dammit Calgary no matter what you always infuriate me.

Provided Vancouver still has to beat St. Louis before advancing (and that is a big IF ... I am still picking The Blues in 7), after seeing how Colorado slapped around Arizona. I would feel more comfortable Vancouver facing Vegas instead of the Avs. 

Edited by iinatcc

Dallas probably won’t be able to make comebacks like they did tonight against Colorado if they’re asleep to start games. 

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Provided Vancouver still has to beat St. Louis before advancing (and that is a big IF ... I am still picking The Blues in 7), after seeing how Colorado slapped around Arizona. I would feel more comfortable Vancouver facing Vegas instead of the Avs. 

See that’s just the thing, we’ve

seemed to match up well with Colorado over the last few years and we have a MUCH better/deeper team than Arizona. 

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Colorado sweeps, no contest, 4 straight

That's what they said vs. Arizona. Dallas is good enough to win 2 this series. Avs in 6.

I'm not convinced COL is going to steam roller this series. Pavelski is a big x factor in this imo, if he's on game he could win game 1 for Dallas and then all bets are off as to where this ends up. 

Plus never under estimate Kadri's ability to do something stupid. 

• Vintage 1

I honestly think the Stars are underrated... particularly in terms of playoff ability.  I think the Stars are better built for playoff hockey.  Stars in 6 for me. 

• Vintage 1

Dallas beat Cgy because their goaltending was terrible when they needed it most not to mention their #1 line failed to show up for the playoffs yet again, throw in many untimely bad penalties from vets like Gio & Lucy -  Colorado doesn't have these problems so I see the Avs handling the Stars relatively easily, say 5 games. 

Avs in 7. Dallas is underrated and I think will be able to grind out some wins, but ultimately Colorado will just be too much for them. Wouldn't be surprised to see MacKinnon just take over and end it sooner.

Stars gonna get spanked. They had issues getting by a terrible Flames team. My prediction is Avs in 5.