The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blues game 6. Canucks lead 3-2. 6:45pm!

Rate this topic

You Mad Bro?

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Whatever happens I’m proud of these guys.  It’s a must win out of two right now - and so far nobody has had the opportunity to close us out.   Expect it to be a chilling game - and i for one wouldn’t be surprised if this team is shaking hands early morning EST and Berube and Green too. 

How to Avoid Shaking Hands

16 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

The Blues have a dilemma... which goalie to play. I'm not worried about either. But I'm hoping for Binnington. The pressure would be huge for him with this being a do or die game for the Blues. And he hasn't been playing well. That has to make him very nervous. Nucks have to pepper him with shots and crash the net.

I would rather Allen tbh. Binnington has the extra motivation to re-prove himself. I can see Binnington coming in and playing very well after a few games off to clean up his game and re-focus. If I were Berube I would go with him.

Coach Berube told reporters there will be a game 7. I just left a message for him and told him we will not oblige but we will allow him to leave the bubble with his team and get his teeth looked after instead. Let’s kick the teeth out of every Blues player tonight!!! GCG :towel:

D64B7E9C-52A5-471A-AC83-C4A223203BFB.jpeg

Just now, Slegr said:

Not arguing that, but I’m confident that if the Blues played the Stars right now (and not round robin) it would go in the Blues’ favour.

Oh yeah, I wanted the Stars too. Just to clarify calling you dumb doesn't mean I think you're stupid. It's just making these proclamations are short-sighted. That might not age well. (Which is ironic if 24 Pure (diamonds) guy reads this) One thing I've learned in my hockey times is you cannot put any weight on what a team looks like on paper in the NHL playoffs. It's silly.

Dallas is super good. I personally don't like them but it's one of the 5 farm teams I chose to watch over the year. They just get it done by playing great hockey, with a great defence, and superb goaltending. If you think the blues are rat ass jerks you should see these guys. Their forward compliment looks like the Butch Cassidy and gang. I would take the Stars over the Blues any day.

3 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Coach Berube told reporters there will be a game 7. I just left a message for him and told him we will not oblige but we will allow him to leave the bubble with his team and get his teeth looked after instead. Let’s kick the teeth out of every Blues player tonight!!! GCG :towel:

D64B7E9C-52A5-471A-AC83-C4A223203BFB.jpeg

636786583_tenor(2).gif.6fe990c80ffea71369163c7de0b4b177.gif

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh yeah, I wanted the Stars too. Just to clarify calling you dumb doesn't mean I think you're stupid. It's just making these proclamations are short-sighted. That might not age well. (Which is ironic if 24 Pure (diamonds) guy reads this) One thing I've learned in my hockey times is you cannot put any weight on what a team looks like on paper in the NHL playoffs. It's silly.

Dallas is super good. I personally don't like them but it's one of the 5 farm teams I chose to watch over the year. They just get it done by playing great hockey, with a great defence, and superb goaltending. If you think the blues are rat ass jerks you should see these guys. Their forward compliment looks like the Butch Cassidy and gang. I would take the Stars over the Blues any day.

Really? Dallas didn't impress me one bit outside of Heiskanen. I think the Avs will smoke them. Should be interesting. 

11 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I would rather Allen tbh. Binnington has the extra motivation to re-prove himself. I can see Binnington coming in and playing very well after a few games off to clean up his game and re-focus. If I were Berube I would go with him.

We are in Binnington's head right now. Don't know if the last couple of games has helped him recover from that yet. One goal against him and he could absolutely crumble. As for Allen, Berube seemed to put the blame on the players up front, so it looks like he's trying to back him in support of starting him again tonight. We will see if we are in Allen's head as well. Low blocker seems beatable for both of these goalies.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I know I would have still preferred to see a Stars / Canucks match up instead of the Blues. Don’t let the Flames’ incompetency fool you into thinking Dallas is anything special. They’ll get eradicated quickly by the Avs.

Dallas won the season series 4-0.

If the series against the Blues is any indication that the regular season matchups matter, I think the Avs will be in for a long series.

• Cheers 2

Just now, rekker said:

Really? Dallas didn't impress me one bit outside of Heiskanen. I think the Avs will smoke them. Should be interesting. 

I really think you are underestimating their ability to play man to man hockey and outsmart the opponent. That's a team of hard willed people. We will see. The nuances are what needs to be read into. I know we all hate the flames but they have a good team and the Stars systematically wiped them out.

The best part of yesterday was watching Tkapuke act like a little whiny bitch in the pressbox, just like his father.

• Cheers 1