The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blues game 6. Canucks lead 3-2. 6:45pm!

Rate this topic

You Mad Bro?

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Really? Dallas didn't impress me one bit outside of Heiskanen. I think the Avs will smoke them. Should be interesting. 

Hmmm.   Last year the real final was Dallas and St Louis.   They are right where they should be with that core - contending for a cup.   Also would have preferred to start with them but they are a veteran team in the their prime and definitely deserve to be here.   The AVs nobody is questioning them as a powerhouse in the West - but Dallas just beat a way better team and COL hasn’t been tested yet except for their round robin (and St Louis kept them to one right until .01 of the third).   

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Really? Dallas didn't impress me one bit outside of Heiskanen. I think the Avs will smoke them. Should be interesting. 

agree with this.   Also Stars were playing their backup whodobin (im too lazy to google/spell it)  the guy looked shaky, let out rebounds all over the place and looked like Chico Resch height wise.  If they go into the Aves series with that guy in net i have a feeling they are gonna light him up.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I really think you are underestimating their ability to play man to man hockey and outsmart the opponent. That's a team of hard willed people. We will see. The nuances are what needs to be read into. I know we all hate the flames but they have a good team and the Stars systematically wiped them out.

The best part of yesterday was watching Tkapuke act like a little whiny bitch in the pressbox, just like his father.

Oh ya, seeing Tkachuk like that, and their fans take a punch was fun. Not big on Dallas goaltending. I find Benn slow and lazy and some of the other forwards will have issues with the Avs transition game. Heiskanen and Makur will be fun and I suspect Mackinnon is going to fly through the neutral zone at will. Time will tell and it will be a good watch.

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hmmm.   Last year the real final was Dallas and St Louis.   They are right where they should be with that core - contending for a cup.   Also would have preferred to start with them but they are a veteran team in the their prime and definitely deserve to be here.   The AVs nobody is questioning them as a powerhouse in the West - but Dallas just beat a way better team and COL hasn’t been tested yet except for their round robin (and St Louis kept them to one right until .01 of the third).   

Except everytime I watched them in the Flames series I was just so unimpressed. Almost disjointed play in a way. 

Edited by rekker

52 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

It's the Canucks who should be cocky... but they aren't. The fact is, of the 8 games we've played the Blues so far this season, we've won 5. The Blues have won only one in regulation and 2 in OT. So we've matched up really well with them. ONE. MORE. WIN.

Don't forget last season when we beat them twice and lost in a shoot out in the very last game of the year. So 7-1-3 against the champs over the past 11. I'd say they are worried.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Except everytime I watched them in the Flames series I was just so unimpressed. Almost disjointed play in a way. 

Don’t think COL will lose but also expect a six game series and wouldn’t count Dallas completely out.   They won’t have many more cracks at it given the age of their core and they know this.   COL on the other hand is just getting started.   Expect a good battle between the two clubs - playing ARI first was like warm up.  Beating CAL had some meaning.  

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I'm right here. Obviously I way over estimated Calgary. 

If it makes you feel like a bigger man calling me out then go at it. Stay classy. 

Sorry, you were just to overboard on your claims, and you backed it up profusely. I don't feel any bigger than Are you mad bro" but you needed to be called out for blatant ignorance.

Anyways let's cheer on the Canucks you have out in 6. :towel:

• Huggy Bear 1

I’ve got a toddler and a 4 month old and my wife works overnight. We live in the Pittsburgh area, so eastern time zone. I want to stay up for as much of the game as possible, but I don’t want to be a ragged zombie tomorrow morning. I went to bed after the 1st period in game 5 so that turned out ok :)

Edited by whcanuck
  • Cheers 3