The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blues game 6. Canucks lead 3-2. 6:45pm!

Rate this topic

You Mad Bro?

10 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

20 keys to the game:

1.Millsy

2. Petey

3. Virts

4. Pears

5. Bowie

6. Flow

7. Roos

8. Gaudy

9. Sutts

10. Motter

11. Beags

12. Loo

13. Eddie

14. Stitch

15. Hugsy

16. Tanman

17. Fanny

18. Benny

19 Markie

20. Greener

Did I miss anything?

A smile from Hockey Gods?

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

His skate might have just grazed Miller’s pants:

Regardless, it’s very dangerous. Barbashev launches himself airborne, targets the head, and then swings his leg around with his skate blade slicing very close to Miller’s leg (if not actually contacting him). Barbashev is probably just trying to keep his balance, but he shouldn’t be jumping backwards into a player, and swinging his elbow at their head, so I don’t really put much value on the “balance” defence. Dangerous play from the start, and only lucky he didn’t slice open Miller’s leg, while also concussing him with the head shot. Fortunately, Miller was fine, because that sequence could have been so much worse.

Not surprised DOPs didn’t do anything though 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

His skate might have just grazed Miller’s pants:

Regardless, it’s very dangerous. Barbashev launches himself airborne, targets the head, and then swings his leg around with his skate blade slicing very close to Miller’s leg (if not actually contacting him). Barbashev is probably just trying to keep his balance, but he shouldn’t be jumping backwards into a player, and swinging his elbow at their head, so I don’t really put much value on the “balance” defence. Dangerous play from the start, and only lucky he didn’t slice open Miller’s leg, while also concussing him with the head shot. Fortunately, Miller was fine, because that sequence could have been so much worse.

It also makes it very hard to believe that the Edler injury was an accident.

I recall some nasty skate cuts and I hope that the League doesn't reward that kind of behaviour. The last thing we need is for intentionally kicking at someone to be near "the line". It's way over the line!!!!!

For the posters twisting my words into intentionally trying to cut his throat. That is a straw man argument. That's like saying the blues players weren't intentionally trying to break Sutter's and Myer's necks therefore the pushes into the boards were purely accidental. Reckless plays are reckless plays.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I mean c'mon! The BLUES is just really sad, depressing music. Sounds like a fun bunch. It's time for them to leave the party bubble.

The only good one was SRV and he's not really from St. Louis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan#:~:text=srvofficial.com,blues rock band Double Trouble.

He was great though. Easily one of the top guitarists in the world.

Edited by Gawdzukes

6 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I recall some nasty skate cuts and I hope that the League doesn't reward that kind of behaviour. The last thing we need is for intentionally kicking at someone to be near "the line". It's way over the line!!!!!

As much as I complain about reffing, dirty plays etc, I dont think any player is that much of a psychopath to risk killing a guy with a skate.

No one would intentionally kick up their skate near the face to hurt someone.  That's pretty much attempted murder.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That hit was questionable for sure but I find your quote hard to believe. Trying to use your skate as a knife around the neck (ear) would literally be attempted murder imo.

Oh... and as far as my thoughts on the upcoming game: We can do this. The last game was pivotal. This is especially true if they put Binmington in.

GO CANUCKS!

Edited by kloubek
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1