The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

that doesn't even have anything to do with what I was talking about.  I can mansplain it for you if you like though

8 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

I'll mansplain it to you - you're not being enough of a homer. Vegas who??? Lol

Sedinery... lol.. 

Every one is anxious waiting for the game. And I bit nervous because no one really knows how this is going to go and what type of game is going to be played until puck drops

I'm going for my daily 5k walk.(yesterday was 7k) come home wait a cpl hours rehydrate eat a bit then do weights later... game will come quicker for me if i keep my self busy...

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Let's focus on our team and what they can do.

Agree, last series not many gave the Canucks a chance, because of big bad O'Reilly, playoff pest Perron, that hyped D, and their saviour Binnington. The Canucks dismantled these former champs like a piece of cheap IKEA furniture. There was a wall (our D game) in front of our Wall (Markstrom), they didn;t give the Blues much. And the Canucks are also getting scoring throughout the lineup. Sutter got 3 assists last game, yet no one talks about that. Motte is a playoff beast. Roussel's passion is infectious. Bo's playing with speed and desire. People are finding out quick that Hughes is already the best offensive Dman in the league. Markstrom is a revelation and if you have great goaltending, you can go all the way.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

ironically, I wasn't even talking about the Canucks, the conversation was about about the GK being able to ride their top 4 dmen because they play a possession game.  

I'm sure I'll get banned for the mansplaining comment though.

Ima just trying to keep it light - did you not have your coffee today? Or is it a surly hangover morning for you? :P

Edmonton

Referees

Steve Kozari, Brad Meier, Dan O’Rourke, Chris Rooney, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland

Out from Round 1: Marc Joannette, T.J. Luxmore, Jon McIsaac, Brian Pochmara

Linesmen

Scott Cherrey, Brad Kovachik, Kiel Murchison, Jonny Murray, Pierre Racicot,  Mark Shewchyk

Out from Round 1: Ryan Gibbons, Tony Sericolo, Andrew Smith, Libor Suchanek

A handful of officials are returning to Round 2 after having missed the cut in last season’s playoffs, including referee Furlatt, Hebert, Lee, and Meier, plus linesmen Barton and Murchison.

Officials from both sites will be centralized in one location for the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final; that mix will include all officials regardless of their initial hub city assignment.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

ironically, I wasn't even talking about the Canucks

See now?  That's your first mistake (it's the Canucks GDT)

Knock off the sexism, it's total crap.  The Milsbury school of thought is now closed.

40 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Boy, what a distraction.  But it can either fuel a team to prove they're in it together or cause some animosity.  I'm fearful (for us) that it'll be the first option.

It’s a strange timing for sure. Why couldn’t Walsh wait for the conclusion of the playoffs if his client is unhappy and looking for a potential trade?

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s a strange timing for sure. Why couldn’t Walsh wait for the conclusion of the playoffs if his client is unhappy and looking for a potential trade?

This could be good for us. A distraction for Vegas! 

30 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Because these games aren't won "on paper" and you should have learned that last series.

Legit superstar, blah blah blah.  How about  you talk about OUR legit superstars for once?  Let's focus on our team and what they can do.  I hate it when some feel inclined to give all the hype/props to the other guys.  Despite this being about...our team.  

It's a constant theme for some....."they bigger, badder, better than us".  Only if/when they beat us.  They haven't.

(I have my game face on and am a little fired up...this is the Canucks gdt, not the Vega Starry Nights).

you are right on Deb, our players have been super awesome, as for our points up front i think we are tops,  we are the real team!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Boy, what a distraction.  But it can either fuel a team to prove they're in it together or cause some animosity.  I'm fearful (for us) that it'll be the first option.

I don't think it will fuel them, if anything it will be status quo. Fleury's statement was expected and prevented the animosity imo. Just because his agent put him in a bad spot doesn't mean it is going to be some sort of rallying cry. I think it will be a minor distraction if anything that will be forgotten when Fleury takes the net and likely plays well. If he poops the bed though then it can get interesting.

Following up on hits, found another stat: hits by forwards per 60 mins of ice time (I omitted the 1 game outliers of Ferland and Toffoli) .....

Roussel - 16.31

Zack - 15.81

Motte - 12. 43

Gaudette - 10.55

Beagle - 9.84

Jake - 9.18

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Agree, last series not many gave the Canucks a chance, because of big bad O'Reilly, playoff pest Perron, that hyped D, and their saviour Binnington. The Canucks dismantled these former champs like a piece of cheap IKEA furniture. There was a wall (our D game) in front of our Wall (Markstrom), they didn;t give the Blues much. And the Canucks are also getting scoring throughout the lineup. Sutter got 3 assists last game, yet no one talks about that. Motte is a playoff beast. Roussel's passion is infectious. Bo's playing with speed and desire. People are finding out quick that Hughes is already the best offensive Dman in the league. Markstrom is a revelation and if you have great goaltending, you can go all the way.  

What was a big key to our success dealing with the Blues D... active, persistent forechecking.  Just keep bringing that energy and stick activity, and the D makes mistakes.  Like the first three goals in Friday's game.

GCG.  I want lots of "wooooooo!!!!" today.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I apologize to the person I slashed because this IS the GDT and it's not JUST about being homers like me.  It's mostly that the spiel is always tilted to the other guys for some on here and that gets tiring (too)...I feel this team has earned at least a little confidence in their ability to "counter" another team's strengths/game.  I'm way too emotionally charged though so am going to run around the block.

I apologize for instigating and will use the ignore feature for anyone harshing my happy.

Signed Ron McLean Deb 

I'll forgive ya, Ron, when you stop being such a crotch watching commie! Lol

As for me, I've had my rose coloured glasses on in this place since '06 - pretty rosie yourself too Deb, always love it!

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

ironically, I wasn't even talking about the Canucks, the conversation was about about the GK being able to ride their top 4 dmen because they play a possession game.  

I'm sure I'll get banned for the mansplaining comment though.

well, you would deserve it, putting women down, when i bet a lot of women know more about hockey than you do, i would definitely apologise to her!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Sedinery... lol.. 

Every one is anxious waiting for the game. And I bit nervous because no one really knows how this is going to go and what type of game is going to be played until puck drops

I'm going for my daily 5k walk.(yesterday was 7k) come home wait a cpl hours rehydrate eat a bit then do weights later... game will come quicker for me if i keep my self busy...

I like your routine! As for me, it's BBQ Sunday, afterall, it's August!

so I've got some ribs and fresh beef sausages bathing in applewood smoke on the Weber kettle - when it hits noonish I'll crack a beer - and I'll prob have to put my smaller of two down for his nap at some point in the next hour here - busy is my middle name but at least I'm eating well!! Lol

• Cheers 2

Motte gets a lot of credit for blocked shots. -  so how do the other forwards compare?

Blocked shots per 60 minutes ice time by forwards......

Gaudette: 8.44

Motte:       6.40

Beagle:     3.75

Pearson:   3.19

Boeser:     3.04

Roussel:  2.44

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Kragar said:

What was a big key to our success dealing with the Blues D... active, persistent forechecking.  Just keep bringing that energy and stick activity, and the D makes mistakes.  Like the first three goals in Friday's game.

GCG.  I want lots of "wooooooo!!!!" today.

my 6 year old has been practicing his WOOOOOO's all morning.  Game Day Baby!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1