The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Following up on hits, found another stat: hits by forwards per 60 mins of ice time (I omitted the 1 game outliers of Ferland and Toffoli) .....

Roussel - 16.31

Zack - 15.81

Motte - 12. 43

Gaudette - 10.55

Beagle - 9.84

Jake - 9.18

Now imagine if Motte and Beagle didn’t spend most of their time out on the PK

I think that Canucks advantage for the first game is the fact that Vegas was doing nothing for the last 4 days while Canucks were playing hard. It is like yesterday's game between Dallas and Avs- before Avs woke up- they were down 3-1 and 2 key players out with injures

GCG!

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

When Myers is back, would you take their D or our D? 

It looks like

McNabb, Martinez, Schmidt and Theodore are their top 4 and pretty even in numbers. The other 2 (Holden and Whitecloud) get limited minutes. 

The top 4 is very capable but I dont see Parayko /Pietrangelo level and expect to see our wingers win more puck battles. 

This is going to be a great series. 

Knights are a really good balanced team. 

We are a good balanced team but I like us for the fact that we have a super high end player at each position. 

Whitecloud is a big steady dman back there. For a rookie. I was surprised at his composure. Just watched some games vs Chicago. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Whitecloud is a big steady dman back there. For a rookie. I was surprised at his composure. Just watched some games vs Chicago. 

Chicago , IMO, did not forechecked Vegas hard enough. Canucks is capable to put a great pressure on Vegas D.

Ian McIntyre was joking when ne said that Benning might have trouble fitting Marky and Motte under the cap,  but if Beagle and Sutter are $3m and $4.3, just how valuable is Motte .....

Leads all forwards in hits, in blocked shots,  in takeaways

Second in shooting % (behind Roussel!)

3rd in +/-  (behind Petterssen and  Beagle)

3rd in goals (tied with Petey, behind Bo and JT)

If he can sustain that, maybe McIntyre is right!

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

I like your routine! As for me, it's BBQ Sunday, afterall, it's August!

so I've got some ribs and fresh beef sausages bathing in applewood smoke on the Weber kettle - when it hits noonish I'll crack a beer - and I'll prob have to put my smaller of two down for his nap at some point in the next hour here - busy is my middle name but at least I'm eating well!! Lol

I have steaks in the fridge will be on the bbq after weight training.

As far as routine I switch it up..  just got back from edmonton  about 2 weeks ago (was there for many months) I did a lot of jogging there. Since being back it's been mostly 5k walks and weight training.  

Switch it up. Better for the body and keeps it interesting...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Because these games aren't won "on paper" and you should have learned that last series.

Legit superstar, blah blah blah.  How about  you talk about OUR legit superstars for once?  Let's focus on our team and what they can do.  I hate it when some feel inclined to give all the hype/props to the other guys.  Despite this being about...our team.  

It's a constant theme for some....."they bigger, badder, better than us".  Only if/when they beat us.  They haven't.

(I have my game face on and am a little fired up...this is the Canucks gdt, not the Vega Starry Nights).

I second that Deb... Non Canuck fan/trolls please go pump up Vegas on their boards cause there gonna need it. We get it we’re the underdogs, everyone is sooooo superior than us blah blah blah, you hate the Nucks. Leave us True Nuck fans to enjoy our team and cheer them on. Let’s Gooooooo!!!! :towel:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

ironically, I wasn't even talking about the Canucks, the conversation was about about the GK being able to ride their top 4 dmen because they play a possession game.  

I'm sure I'll get banned for the mansplaining comment though.

As you should, no need for that type of talk “ mansplaining” cmon really :picard:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I think Flower is a great guy and class act. How can you not like the man?

Great career. Great team-guy and representative of the sport. You hope the best for people who are like that, just not if it means standing between the Canucks and their Cup. 

I’ll be cheering for him to win the micro war he apparently has going over the crease to play, but yes, I fully hope to see him and Vegas cry - after 4 games. 

I’m looking forward to this becoming our new rival. 

It’s been so long since it was Calgary, Wild, Stars, etc. Both of these clubs are creating rivalries, the ones only the playoffs can forge. And what a rivalry this should be.