The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Vegas:finished first in the division,  a 23-12 playoff record in their 3 years.  Balanced scoring all over. Theodore leading the D. Pacioretty Tuch Stone and Reeves ready to make our lives miserable. Solid D with Martinez and rookie Whitecloud.  Since the expansion draft, it's like they have a first line and two strong second lines and a third line. We're in tough. We're going to all have to dial in top to bottom to beat these Knights. Marky Marky Marky. These guys shoot a lot. 

On paper we're not even supposed to be in this one.

Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

If the Canucks top six out scores Vegas top six.  The Canucks bottom six out scores the Vegas bottom six and Canucks defense chips in.  Markstrom outperforms the Vegas goalies.   Toffoli and Myers comes back.  Canucks have a good chance to move on.

The Canucks have more desire, heart and character.  Let the games begin.  

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I, too, am listening to that (along with the Walsh/MAF stuff) and agree.  This was, I believe, a response to someone calling/texting in to suggest Jake should have a go at Reaves.  100% don't poke the bear...we won't win that game.  Just blow around him and score.  Force him to hook and slash at us and sit in the box then unleash the PP.

People want to focus on Jake as a physical guy but, mostly, it's his speed that makes him lethal.

Exactly. If we skate hard, Reeves will be a non factor as he cant keep up. Just worried about a late hit on our D when he is forechecking and I think the brass has to pre warn the refs to look out for this as it can cause injury. 

As long as there are no late hits, Reeves won't be a factor if we keep moving our legs. Better yet, if we move our legs and start scoring on his line, we might see him parked on the bench. 

36 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Who thought the NY Giants would beat the undefeated Patriots in Super Bowl 42? Who thought the Americans with mostly college players would beat the mighty USSR in 1980? Predictions and betting favorites mean nothing, the games are won and lost on the ice/field/court. I believe in my heart, the Canucks CAN win this series. Will it be a really big challenge?? Of course! It’s supposed to be hard. You don’t win on paper, you win by performing! I say who cares if we get no respect, Green should use it to motivate the boys, the old “us against the world” narrative. Go Canucks!! 

I think what riles me up most is that people talk like it's already a done deal...and it's not.  Anything can happen and that's why the games are played.

It doesn't matter that a guy CAN take A GAME over...unless he wins the series.  We just proved that ROR (I confess, guy's a beast) CAN be beat.  So in using that recent data, maybe it doesn't matter because each game/series will reveal the warriors in real time.  The rest doesn't matter.  Let's let them write the story before we tell it.

It's all part of the GDT talk, for sure.  But when it becomes the theme (that the other guys are scary good and we're not good enough to match up), right after we HAVE matched up (with the "heavy" "reigning Champs") that deserves some attention too.  Some noting.

I am a homer but I'm a realist.  I'm nervous, sure.  But this team is building momentum and confidence so why not run with that too?  Until it's no longer applicable, if ever.

Underdogs deserve respect for being there (too).  Especially when the guys ARE young and, in many instances, much smaller/inexperienced.  I'd rather sing their praises and focus on the positive elements of that.  Not the scary guys hiding under the bed.  It's good to be prepared, but that's for the coaches and players.

30 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Oh c"mon...

Clearly he was joking ... let's not get carried away....

Thats a big part of the problem though. "He was just joking" 

Dismissing those types of comments as a joke is what has set back the equality movement for far longer than it should have. Im equally guilty of having made those types of comments but educating myself the past few months has really opened my eyes. There really isnt a place for comments like that anymore... 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Exactly. If we skate hard, Reeves will be a non factor as he cant keep up. Just worried about a late hit on our D when he is forechecking and I think the brass has to pre warn the refs to look out for this as it can cause injury. 

As long as there are no late hits, Reeves won't be a factor if we keep moving our legs. Better yet, if we move our legs and start scoring on his line, we might see him parked on the bench. 

Blues were constantly running us with late hits.  The guys seem "ready" for them because it's been allowed as part of the game.  But yeah, is a concern for sure.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Blues were constantly running us with late hits.  The guys seem "ready" for them because it's been allowed as part of the game.  But yeah, is a concern for sure.

Yes there were tons of late hits last round and I think the boys need to continue to keep their head on a swivel and keep moving after the pass. They did a great job of not watching their pass last round and avoided injuries. 

I think it is a blessing that the only injury occurred to Myers and we expect him back this round. It could have been worse if we were a slower team. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Thats a big part of the problem though. "He was just joking" 

Dismissing those types of comments as a joke is what has set back the equality movement for far longer than it should have. Im equally guilty of having made those types of comments but educating myself the past few months has really opened my eyes. There really isnt a place for comments like that anymore... 

Ya on 2nd thought you are right.  My bad..

Perhaps CDC mods can start a new thread called "safe space" for when some of us are traumatized or offended. Just to go there and chill.. not post or talk about anything if we don't want..  just chill in that thread for a few mins or few hours untill we feel better.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya on 2nd thought you are right.  My bad..

Perhaps CDC mods can start a new thread called "safe space" for when some of us are traumatized or offended. Just to go there and chill.. not post or talk about anything if we don't want..  just chill in that thread for a few mins or few hours untill we feel better.  

Haha. I thought you got it at the start of your message and had hope for you but realized you're probably not there yet. 

I still enjoy discussing hockey with you though

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Haha. I thought you got it at the start of your message and had hope for you but realized you're probably not there yet. 

I still enjoy discussing hockey with you though

Lol. 

No I'm good. Just messing around.  Went for a walk sitting under a tree at park across the street from house.  Beautiful weather nice breeze.. 

Feels like I'm in my safe space.  

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Stone is a solid player no doubt. I think facing ROR in the first round was a blessing in disguise for the Canucks. 

The team defence had to be so sharp and in sync to contain ROR and we started figuring it out as the series went on. I think ROR is a better player than Stone so if the Canucks can continue what we do, I think we'll be ok

I agree.  However, I think ROR had his way with our D in 3 of those games.  Without Myers, I don't know if our defense is physically strong enough to handle the heavy Vegas forwards like Stone, but I know Marky is ready and that gives me all the faith I need.  

• Cheers 1

A lot of expectations and pressure for the Golden Knights, being the favourites. Lehner is going to have to be lights out to stop the Canucks. And then if Fleury has to eventually go in, after the Canucks destroy Lehner's confidence, is Fleury's compete level going to be at its highest? Especially after how he's been disrespected by DeBoer. This could be good.  

39 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

47 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This post reminded me of the time Hanzal took out 3 Canucks in 4 minutes.  Can totally see Reeves pulling one of these. 

Edited by EddieVedder

47 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

If the Canucks top six out scores Vegas top six.  The Canucks bottom six out scores the Vegas bottom six and Canucks defense chips in.  Markstrom outperforms the Vegas goalies.   Toffoli and Myers comes back.  Canucks have a good chance to move on.

The Canucks have more desire, heart and character.  Let the games begin.  

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure if we do just that in any series we have a pretty damn good chance at the cup. Not often does a defence's offense out score a team's forward group. 

Throw in the rest you wrote and we've got the Stanley Cup wrapped up

Edited by NucksinNorway
  • Upvote 1