The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I have steaks in the fridge will be on the bbq after weight training.

As far as routine I switch it up..  just got back from edmonton  about 2 weeks ago (was there for many months) I did a lot of jogging there. Since being back it's been mostly 5k walks and weight training.  

Switch it up. Better for the body and keeps it interesting...

Good for you man, I need to create some accountability for myself as I haven't been in my 3-5 days a week routine since

my first kid was born - between kids and my business I'm pretty full up. That being said I've been doing a bit better but rather than jog I'm a bike guy (I like me knees)

status update tho - the ribs are at 176 degrees and coming along nicely - sausages are off and will meat the grill soon lol and beans (with some bacon on top) have smoked and are staying warm. Friends arrive at 2:30 

scratch that, 177 now :P

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

vegas fans are ready... wait, wat lol

Is this good news or bad news - doubt the team is distracted - that said we could get in Fleurys dome because of this. Naw it never works in our favour does it. Stay the course, play our game!!

4 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Is this good news or bad news - doubt the team is distracted - that said we could get in Fleurys dome because of this. Naw it never works in our favour does it. Stay the course, play our game!!

not good if we chase Lehner then Fleury has something to prove lol :lol:

21 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Damn. Meyers not in means Benn stays up. He is terrible when it comes to playing the puck (unlike Fatenberg). Every time he touches that puck I have to close my eyes because it seems to be an 80% chance for a giveaway. 

He was much better than expected against the Blues for me. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

Here's something a little shorter for you:  

B8eHQGQ2y1ARn7VpBDboFky-m_upvY-Z8lce030U   

Petey's is my fave but also love how Marky just kind of tosses it aside like he does with opponent shot attempts and showing he has no interest whatsoever in goal lights flashing in his vicinity.

43 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I agree.  However, I think ROR had his way with our D in 3 of those games.  Without Myers, I don't know if our defense is physically strong enough to handle the heavy Vegas forwards like Stone, but I know Marky is ready and that gives me all the faith I need.  

STL plays a heavy game. I think more so than Vegas..

The challenge with Vegas is their forwards are overall more skilled and their team plays with more speed than the Blues..

I think we can handle the physicality but we'll have more trouble with Vegas speed skill and depth..  Theodore is a great skating Dman. He's their Quinn Hughes. He will definitely be a challenge. 

We have a fighting chance and I'll take it.  

• Vintage 2

As was just being discussed on the radio (in continuation of the above) Vegas is gifted with a strong, skillful, and speedy team.  They will be extremely tough to beat and that's no secret...there's a reason they're on top of the league.  They have a scary good lineup but no team is unbeatable.

Every single one of our guys needs to keep up the level of play that we saw last game, no floaters.  All in, 100%.  "We are all Canucks Tyler Motte. Then we ALSO have these 3 factors who can help us ignite something should our roster give complete support and back them up:  Petey, Quinn and Marky.  Those 3 are an absolute threat as well.  I'd add Bo in there too.  So it's not JUST a team of hard working underdogs...we do have some weapons as well.  They have the ability to take over a game if a team isn't prepared for them.

I feel that momentum is going to be huge...penalties will weigh in heavily.  And goaltending absolutely has to be there...just not for them.  They can fight over who's in/out and we'll destroy both of them, like last game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, How swede it is said:

I'm in total agreement with you on Vegas.  Whenever somebody says they were an expansion team I get a bit upset.  How many expansions teams (after going to 12 teams) made it to the Stanley Cup their first year?  NONE! Okay, the Blues did their first 3 years.  But that was when all expansions teams were in the same division.  Their worst showing since inception is last year or perhaps this year.  But come on they were not an "expansion team" in the true sense of the word.  1st yr team sure.  New team sure. The worst part is, they won't lose a player to Seattle.  If Seattle benefits from the draft like Vegas did, I can see a Seattle - Vegas Conference final sooner than later.

Yup I agree with that. I understand they didn’t want an Atlanta of Columbus type expansion but it went overboard. The biggest issue was how Vegas handcuffed so many teams and it was the trades they were allowed to make because of this and now the are exempt for the Seattle expansion which is BS. Team should have had to develop and feel some pain like every other team in the league. The league saw $$$. I’m sure Vegas made a lot of revenue. More then most teams in the league I bet 

• Cheers 1

If we come out and play the way we did against the Blues in game 6, we will win. That kind of complete 60 min team effort from everyone is the ticket to victory!

I watched the end of that Philly/Mtl game, and that series looked so slow in comparison. We played a tight checking fast game and caused a lot of turnovers. Virtanen now has his feet moving and might be the fastest player on the ice. The so called experts aren't giving Canucks enough credit where credit is due. The coaches and training staff have these guys ready to go and at peak performance. However, I don't mind being the underdog. Time to shock the experts. Believe in Blue!!

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'm a bit worried about Reaves running around.  No doubt he will stamp his presence in the series with his physicality and intimidation.

Bieksa gave some great advice once upon a time, and I think that applies here - skate around him and put the puck in the net. :lol: In fact, that's my game call. Virtanen for GWG, skating around Reaves.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2