The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

Kinda blows my mind to think that there are only 8 teams left fighting for the Cup, and the Canucks are one of them.

I may need extra strong medication of it's a VAN vs BOS final again.

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If Lehner has one bad start and Fleury comes into the series it will be interesting, it sounds like a bit of a goalie controversy is happening with Vegas after Fleury’s agent tweeted a picture of a sword stabbing Fleury in the back with the name Deboer written on it. Fleury apparently asked the Tweet be removed.

it reminds me of Allen and Binnington for some reason.

Lol I can't believe Berube started Binnington.

There should be a similar picture with that sword being held by an orca stabbing Jake Allen with the sword saying Berube with Binningtons jersey burning in the background cause hes just a flash in the pan and hes done lol

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Ian McIntyre was joking when ne said that Benning might have trouble fitting Marky and Motte under the cap,  but if Beagle and Sutter are $3m and $4.3, just how valuable is Motte .....

Leads all forwards in hits, in blocked shots,  in takeaways

Second in shooting % (behind Roussel!)

3rd in +/-  (behind Petterssen and  Beagle)

3rd in goals (tied with Petey, behind Bo and JT)

If he can sustain that, maybe McIntyre is right!

If Sutter or Beagle is killing it in the playoffs, it becomes easier to trade them away with a higher value than before the playoffs started and teams who is looking to shelter their young prospects can make a trade for them after this type of model worked well for the Canucks and not ruining their prospects.  Toronto and Edmonton hasn't worked out well for a decade.   This is the way to manage your cap if your prospect is ready to step up.  I feel that a few of them are ready to make the team next season at a cheaper cost than retaining Sutter, Beagle unless Benning thinks that his own prospect need more time.  This is a luxury we can afford to keep our players we want to sign or resign and cap room will be even greater with Luongo recapture penalty off the book next two seasons.  

Gotta tell it straight.

I think the Golden Knights are the strongest team. They are my pick for Cup champs.

But I also thought the Blues were stronger than the Canucks

Can I actually be wrong twice in one month? ::D 

Got my new Canucks sweater yesterday.

No matter the outcome of the game I will have a fresh, sexy look  B)

Go Canucks Go!!!!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Gotta tell it straight.

I think the Golden Knights are the strongest team. They are my pick for Cup champs.

But I also thought the Blues were stronger than the Canucks

Can I actually be wrong twice in one month? ::D 

Got my new Canucks sweater yesterday.

No matter the outcome of the game I will have a fresh, sexy look  B)

Go Canucks Go!!!!

This series will be a brutal dog fight and an instant rivalry will be made, if not just added to. 

These two teams don’t really play nice together. I can’t wait. 

I think I have Van in 5.

There will be lots of opportunities to get the puck out and past the fast, deep forecheck and that should result on us feasting on odd man rushes or drawing PPs. 

I think we win this one, but at a Steep cost. 

How many times will Stetcher be impersonating the Zamboni tonight? 
Could be a long night for our D.
Need Jake to reciprocate in an epic way. 

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

$500 million isn't a gift in my universe.

sorry but i believe it was a gift, what other team that has come into the nhl got to pick and choose their players like that. and it is going to happen again!