The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Everyone should undestand this creep Ron MacLean is gonna be his creepiest all through this series, and if the Canucks move on, in the rest of the playoffs.

The guy was sucking up to Vancouver yesterday, but as soon as Vegas got the upper hand in this game, then he couldn't resist sticking the knife in and twisting it.

Man is the most disgusting PoS that exists in Sports.

---

The good news is that the Canucks played poorly, and the loss was mostly on their fumbles and miscues.

They can do a LOT better.

I watched at least 10 different good scoring opportunities get squandered due to bad nerves, cr*p passing and poor shots.

Game would have been a lot different if the team was on its game... but the fact is nearly every player on the Canucks was so far off sharp they wouldn't cut bologna.

Still a long way to go in the series.

Ya Ron is the Judas of sports broadcasting

• Haha 1

I blame this loss on the stupid Conservative party. Because of their incompetence with choosing a leader I couldn't watch the game on CBC and I can't get Sportsnet in the US so I had to watch it on NBCSN and listen to the announcers blow kisses at Reeves and the Golden Showers for three hours. I have a 8-2 record for games I've watched on CBC this playoff season.

• Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Anyone who thinks Green is a great coach ask yourself if there is any rationalization of putting Loui in the top 6. This comes after we had success getting him off the top 6. 

Ask yourself if we play a great d and o structure 

he is NOT the coach that will make this team get to the next level.

The system that we play isn't going to work against VGK. It never has. What did the announcer say? The Canucks have never beat VGK in regulation.  Ever. We've been playing the same system under Green and it has never been successful against VGK. Not once. Now's the time to find out what Greener is made of. Does he change it up or does he stick to the same old same old and expect different results? 

I thought the refs did a really good job this game. Only missed 1 high stick, multiple crosschecks, multiple interference, multiple slashes, and multiple trips against Vegas.

Sure it isn't the ref's fault we lost the game tonight, but man, would be nice if we didn't have to play 1 v 1.5 every single game. What a joke

Edited by Psycho_Path
  • Haha 1

Just now, Me_ said:

Hey dude, calm it down a bit.

You’re a bit in people’s faces right now.

Take a step back and breathe a bit.

Pretty sure you quoted me, do you have an issue if someone dare respond to you?

perhaps you need to tune it down? 

do you speak For  the forum? Just checking 

Knights are bigger and faster....  the only reason that Reaves was the focal point was because CBC's camera kept on panning onto him every single chance they got.  Kind of a strange programming choice, but he is a childhood friend and grew up in the same city as the CBC guy that does After Hours interviews. 

3 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

F dude, you're fast, like I always knew you were Johnny on the spot but it's like you wrote that for TG to say and then when ahead and Cntl V'd it

I think you just discovered an anomaly in the Matrix :frantic:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuckleheads fan said:

I blame this loss on the stupid Conservative party. Because of their incompetence with choosing a leader I couldn't watch the game on CBC and I can't get Sportsnet in the US so I had to watch it on NBCSN and listen to the announcers blow kisses at Reeves and the Golden Showers for three hours. I have a 8-2 record for games I've watched on CBC this playoff season.

Oh, it wasnt any different on SN. It was a 60 minute circle jerk over Reaves there too.

• Haha 1

Not impressed that the Canucks‘ day off was a moving day.  I presume the Knights were already comfortably installed. New opponents, new surroundings, they could have used an  extra day.

Thanks, NHL. Don’t start doing this team any favours, now... wouldn’t know what to do, if they actually got one.  

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuckleheads fan said:

CBC's feed was the same!  I've never seen a 4th liner get so much attention from the media.  

1 minute ago, CptCanuck16 said:

The system that we play isn't going to work against VGK. It never has. What did the announcer say? The Canucks have never beat VGK in regulation.  Ever. We've been playing the same system under Green and it has never been successful against VGK. Not once. Now's the time to find out what Greener is made of. Does he change it up or does he stick to the same old same old and expect different results? 

This is my point exactly!!!!

you have to set a plan for a team you play. Not the same old. 

this is why it’s so disappointing to see. We knew what we were getting in Vegas. They are not unknown to us