The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 21 Thread

goalie13

So the latest version, or at least the cover was unveiled today.  Goes on sale October 16th.

I think this is the version I am least excited about.  I'm a die-hard Franchise mode player.  I get the latest version every single year, but this might be the one year I skip it.

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-21

I'll add features to the thread as they are released.

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

Since there's a console switch coming up, I have low expectations.

The problematic release was the first one on this gen; it got rid of a lot of modes and useful features.  Ever since, it's gone from a day one purchase to every couple of years grabbing a discounted copy for me.

Hoping they beef up the commentary; it was very repetitive this year.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problematic release was the first one on this gen; it got rid of a lot of modes and useful features.  Ever since, it's gone from a day one purchase to every couple of years grabbing a discounted copy for me.

That's right! NHL14 was one of the best games, but only on the PS3/360 systems; the current gen was a total bust. Though it was good because it bought me another year of online before switching over systems :P

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't mind repetitive as much as the out of context stuff, like saying he owns the crease on the first save of the game.  And it's not just the commentary.  I've always found it odd that they will yank the goalie with 30 seconds left to go in the game just because I went up by 5 or some other arbitrary number.  It would be more realistic if they would yank the goalie if he lets in three of the first 5 shots, or three before the first is half over.  Make it more situational and not just, up by 5.

only chance i'd even consider buying nhl 21 is if bo or another canuck is on the cover.

how can you even update the overalls of players on DET, BUF etc who haven't played in 9 months by the time the next season starts lol. They should just update nhl 20... then release 22 with some good changes lol

Edited by Rush17

I think it would be fair to say the gameplay of this gen was nothing compared to previous. I know they haven't announced next gen support yet but I'm really hoping from a development perspective it doesn't completely destroy everything that have transitioned to. Let us wait for the NHL14 remaster in 2024.

9 hours ago, ftmN said:

I think it would be fair to say the gameplay of this gen was nothing compared to previous. I know they haven't announced next gen support yet but I'm really hoping from a development perspective it doesn't completely destroy everything that have transitioned to. Let us wait for the NHL14 remaster in 2024.

Might as well have NHL 2004 then :P