The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 21 Thread

goalie13

On 12/23/2020 at 8:29 AM, stawns said:

No one should ever let Cybulski near an EA sports recording booth ever again

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Don Taylor and Jim Houston are the best duo to ever do the commentary for this franchise. And ever since they have been replaced, it’s gotten worse and worse every year. I will say at least this year they didn’t have Snoop come in as a special guest in the 2nd period. That I can be thankful for. But totally agree and wish he could take his own advise when CBall says: GTFO 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Got the new game. They added my surname!!! Thank you ea hockey gods! I can play be a pro finally!! Woohoo

I really like the visual change to the skating style. It looks so much more fluid. Excited to finish up my European Cup run.

Solid game so far. I'm sure I'll find its shortfalls in a few days but I'm loving it do far.

I'm thinking I'll start a new franchise my first in 21 as an expansion team. I'm looking to do a team with blue and yellow jerseys like Sweden or HC Davos. I'm looking for viable NHL cities that might have a sports tradition of those colours ie maybe a college club. 

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions in North America. Also curious how fun the expansion mode is this year. I did it in 2020 with Quebec which was fun. Hope you all are staying safe during these covid times!

7 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm thinking I'll start a new franchise my first in 21 as an expansion team. I'm looking to do a team with blue and yellow jerseys like Sweden or HC Davos. I'm looking for viable NHL cities that might have a sports tradition of those colours ie maybe a college club. 

I was curious if anyone had any suggestions in North America. Also curious how fun the expansion mode is this year. I did it in 2020 with Quebec which was fun. Hope you all are staying safe during these covid times!

UBC? If you don’t mind doubling up on the city of Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:17 PM, Rush17 said:

how about an OKanagan team?

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, EP Phone Home said:

Sadly buddy I am a PS player. Hopefully in the future with other games like COD:WZ that we see more cross platform play. Only thing with that is we won’t see cross platform hockey until we see it with FIFA and Madden. I know the budget of NHL is nowhere near the other two games so I hope sometime in the future we can have XBox players playing PSN players. I’ll let you know if I get a Series X though. Cheers and happy holidays buds!

I am on PSN too. I will play against you if you want

FRANCHISE MODE TECH QUESTION:

Has anyone else noticed a glitch whereby you search for a player in the "Player Search" tab, you find a player who is currently unsigned by anyone, then when you go to find him in the Free Agent list he doesn't exist?

Edited by ABNuck

Landeskog - Lundell - Atkinson

Vrana - Pageau - Kaleta  (1st OA lotto)

Stuetzle -  Backlund - Gurianov

Lemieux - Gambrell - Kase

Ekholm - Hamilton

Brodie - Bear

Sbisa - Foote

Raanta

Blackwood

I have to admit this franchise mode turned out pretty decent. Packaged 1st and 2 x 2nds for Lundell. Offered Manson + a haul of treats and a good prospect i took 35th OA for Stuetzle. Unrealistic i know. Kaleta is 81 OA, beast. small fire hydrant type already has 85 shooting. has high skating attributes but for his size he's pretty slow. I am assuming its cuz he's so thick lol. I created Askarov whom i hope to one day trade for but i have no assets left at the moment. Maybe move Landeskog or Vrana with a future 1st for him once the kids are more established.

Lundell wins like 70% of his draws holy crap lol. Stuetzle is currently in the minors but that is his spot. I must say "full simulation mode" is so much better. its a real challenge and u can make some fun chip plays off the board. I had the next setting over from full sim and this is night and day better. Goaltending is solid. Have some good pieces in their prime.  I may continue this one. Although I didn't mod the jersey i left it blank because i only wanted to see what a built team looked like... then I realized i won the draft lottery and now its kinda my franchise mode :lol:

Are we able to change uniforms, team names etc in the post season as an expansion club still? i thought we could do that in 19.

Do they allow you to sim some games in Be A Pro without hurting line progression? Finally

Few years I got bored & simmed games before playoffs, dropped from 1st line to 4th line. We somehow still made the finals (few close calls - since I barely played). I ended up with a hat trick in game 7 of SCF, still led the playoffs in scoring with a bullet, and didn't win Conn Smythe because of being on 4th line. I've barely cared for the mode since.

I don't have time to play an entire season, at a certain point it drags on & you just want to get to when it matters. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just hoping that NHL22 for next gen doesn’t get the NHL15 treatment. I remember very well when at the time EA said they wouldn’t release NHL14 for XBoxOne and PS4 because they said they wanted to take advantage of the new consoles hardware and release NHL15 with SO MANY FEATURES. Well we remember how bare bones NHL15 was. Good times and a reminder to keep your eyes on reviews of NHL 22 in September or Whenever the release date will be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does a high penalty total in be a pro limit your ability to win a selke?

I have a C I'm working with but he's a Tkachuk type two way C who causes trouble and is super physical. Curious if you can win a selke with high pims? Does anyone know by chance?

On 2/9/2021 at 9:22 PM, Rush17 said:

Does a high penalty total in be a pro limit your ability to win a selke?

I have a C I'm working with but he's a Tkachuk type two way C who causes trouble and is super physical. Curious if you can win a selke with high pims? Does anyone know by chance?

If you don't have 500PIMs, 170+ PTS, 400 body checks at the end of the year you aren't doing it right. 

• Haha 1

The gameplay is actually better. Love that they added indicators for off puck passing options (finally, holy F***).

And defensively its better as far as being in position. Where you actually block passes more equally to CPU's (relative to superstar difficulty). Still find goalies erratic - one moment my goalie is playing as good as the other guy, the next moment he's letting in beach balls anytime I give up a shot on net. Then its adjusting the sliders to make up for it, unfortunately.

Overall just adding the indicators is a huge improvement, but its a shame thats what I'm hanging my hat on. 

The fact they don't have an online database thing to share rosters/designs/exc like NBA is soooo sad. WWE had this option in like 2010/11/12, NHL should not be that far behind WWE, f***ing nuts. The budget shouldn't be that bad. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Never really been good at these games, I can never sniff playing all star mode or whatever the highest difficulty is.  I been playing Franchise mode on semi-pro and early on found the games to be fun. Later as the season goes on and I improve I start to win games rather easily. I would rather have games be close and struggle to get wins.  So I change over to pro and get absolutely shelled. I need to find the right balance.  Trying to figure out sliders but having difficulty figuring it out. 

Joined this NHL21 32 team tourney and im in the 2nd round of the playoffs after my opponent from round 1 forfeited games 3 & 4 of the 1st round.

Screenshot_20210214-220507_Sheets.jpg.bb2862b93ed1a9d3890eec1a8208adbc.jpg

Im TOR(1), only because im bloody terrible using the Canucks LOL

Heres games 1 & 2 of round 1!

Standings after group play:

Screenshot_20210207-093459_Sheets.thumb.jpg.a3fa31a5b66100b24661ed4c5b70c98f.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-030956_Sheets.jpg.e5c4e332d44a279ac9f1a67f9432875e.jpg