The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 25th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t know why everyone was ragging on Roussel.

He was doing exactly what he was supposed to. He had Reaves full attention almost all game basically neutralizing him.

Unfortunately the rest of our guys couldn’t take advantage of that. However if it weren’t for Roussel you better believe Reaves would have been paying a lot more attention to our top guys.

This. A thousand times this. If anybody other than Gaudette (who had a hell of a game) could have capitalized, we were RENT FREE in their heads thanks to Rouss

• Cheers 1

In the first round vs the Blues, I felt game 5 was pivotal. The Blues had come to life and we needed to figure them out quickly. We did.

For round two, I say that this game is pivotal. I just can't see us coming back from 0-2. I hope Green has something in his bags of tricks.

Edited by kloubek

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

This. A thousand times this. If anybody other than Gaudette (who had a hell of a game) could have capitalized, we were RENT FREE in their heads thanks to Rouss

I like his game but I think he was misused, he should have ignored Reaves and hit every other Knight, Vegas would have gone crazy and probably taken a lot more penalties.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I like his game but I think he was misused, he should have ignored Reaves and hit every other Knight, Vegas would have gone crazy and probably taken a lot more penalties.

I don't agree. Vegas literally choked him at one point and didn't get a roughing call. We're not getting any calls this series. Roussel did what he did, except nobody was as passionate or motivated as he was. It's quite understandable after winning such an important series for such a young team.

The only thing that could possible have waken us up, is getting blown out.

Vegas did it.

I think they're going to regret it.

47 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

All right, you win I give you a billion dollars, you lose, you take my wife.......and 3 kids.

Yeah the sh!t got real, you gonna put your big boy pants on and take this bet?

Deal! Billionaire status here I come

5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Remember that Jose Cuervo / Sauza is not Tequila, it is the Devil of the agave world.

1. They use all agave not just blue agave which makes it a mezcal.

2. Blue agave has a maturation of 7-8 years. Jose Cuervo pick it at 4ish years then put it through a chemical bath to extract the essence of the agave.

3. Jose Cuervo then washes out the Chemicals and add chemical flavours to have its distinctive flavour. In real life, the taste of the agave is defined by what the farmers are growing with the agave those 7-8 years so no two bottles should taste the same if it is real.

4. Because of this process they have been able to take over the market. Because of corruption they can get away with it.

5 The process they use is why it will give you a nasty hangover. You are drinking a chemical soup with some green agave essence.

Jose Cuervo is the worst. 1 shot and Im bee lining it to the toilet hurling

• Cheers 1

Condensed Game 1

Game 2 can't be any worse, right? Feeling optimistic 5-3 nucks, Roussel with the short handed game winner midway though the third after Loui gets called for boarding Reaves.

Okay, maybe not the last bit but I stand by the rest.

Edited by Biff Tannen

Vegas forecheck and neutral zone play were superior last game. Vancouver excels when they have puck possession which was denied by Vegas. Vegas has a lot of vet experience and playoff experience. In Game #2 IMHO it is whether Van can get more ozone time and whether the Canuck d-core can stand up to the Vegas forward pressure. Needless to say Marky has to be the 1st Star. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Davathor said:

He made a mean look at Roussel, so naturally they made their own script and talked it and replayed it to death. It's pathetic because this is what casual fans think actually swayed the game, and by casual fans I mean Vegas fans.

I wish Ron the backstabber would stick to talking about hockey, but he's always looking for some drama. He was insufferable when Cherry was there to call his bull$&!#, but now he's just an arrogant, smirking pile of $&!# with no throttle. If it wasn't for Bieksa and Burke I would turn the TV off for the intermission. Elliot's OK, Hrudey has actually been pretty insightful... But beyond that Anthony is a stupid &^@# and so is Cassie. 

&^@# Sportsnet. 

Nailed it.   Always like Hrudey even back when he played - sure he’s got his biases but at least he’s got the ability to hide it from his face - and not talk about it too much, and something interesting to say.  McLean brings out hockey cards to gain some what - panel points with Stewart, who I’m sure is trying hard but actually makes me miss Kypreos who always looked constipated and losing to whatever he was trying to pass down there.   Cassie is trying too for sure but so far not so good.   Hrudey and KB for sure carry the panel.   EF was more fun with the beard,  forget how much he looked like that fish from Star Wars - “It’s a trap!! “Stevens and Niedermayer style, but his street Cred is huge for media guys - either him or McKenzie are at the top.    Ron McLean .... well we all know for sure now he wasn’t making up the tweedle dee to Cherrys’s tweedle dum shtich.   He really is for sure a complete idiot. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Usually when Markstrom has a stinker of a game, he follows it up with a gem so at least we know the goaltending is going to be great (hopefully) tmrw night

Marky did not have a bad game. The team in front of him did. I agree the team needs him to be lights out or they dont have much chance against this team but he wasnt the reason they lost game 1.