The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, sassbs said:

also won with the blues.   He reffed that game as well and called it right.   Van had 7 pp that game 

He also missed quite a few blatant calls against us while calling some soft penalties.  St Louis played that game dirty as hell and Sutherland sure as hell didn't conduct himself appropriately.  The only correct call he could make would be resigning over the phone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Surprise win with Kelly Sutherland reffing.  That phoney POG call could have been fatal.

VGK has to be the smuggest bunch of entitled clowns in the league led by the legend in his own mind Reeves. Would be so sweet to take em down. GCG

It's how the Canucks roll.  Never been an easy road for them

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Game 3 is going to be interesting, DeBoer is going to have some new tactics to try and slow down our top two lines. The good thing is that Green can always switch up Toffoli and Boeser mid-game to surprise them. Their D just couldn't handle our top two lines and that is going to be the story of the series - our top 6 vs their top 4 D and vice versa. Obviously they shredded us in Game 1, we return the favour last night, but hopefully we can continue to win the battle and Toffoli gives us a big edge there. Unfortunately the bottom 6 of both teams is pretty much a write-off but I think these guys will factor in later in the series so hopefully guys like Virt/Motte/Beagle/Sutter can give us an edge as the checking gets tighter.

Never seen a Canucks team this resilient before though from top to bottom. Shutting the door against the best 3rd period team in the league was impressive, this is a very winable series now. I think we have an edge in top-6 now, top D men and goalie. They can beat us if they grind us down 5 on 5 though so very similar to the Blues series, I think this series will be a see-saw back and forth affair. These early games are just both teams feeling each other out but now it's going to start getting interesting with all the guys into the game.

According to Shark fans, he never makes in game adjustments or any at all for that matter. Vancouver clearly saw a few ways to be better and hopefully bodes well for us.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Petey finding another gear for the playoffs.  Dominant performance from him and TT.  This should shut up the people whining about the loss of Madden.  Entire D group stepped up big time with the blocked shots, with an outstanding game from Edler.    Hoping to see Jake battle Tuch more as the series progresses; Tuch plays the way we need Jake to.  Marky with yet another huge performance. 

Even Sutherland seemed to clean up his act after he was in perfect position and yet still couldn't see the puck hit the glass; I wonder what Greener said to that weasel.  Glad to see Sportsnet exposing that corrupt piece of garbage as the scumbag that he is; that penalty should serve as objective proof of his match-fixing.  Zero excuse to allow that crook to work another Canucks game even if the NHL chooses not to do the right thing and send him home immediately.

Overall, great win but we can't have periods like the 2nd too often and expect to come away with the W.

Edler takes too many really dumb penalties including two tonight. Can he be reformed at his age?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

37 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Edler takes too many really dumb penalties including two tonight. Can he be reformed at his age?

His cross check penalty, was a weak call. Dude totally dived. His tripping  was just one of those plays that happens to everyone. Dude stepped on his stick, but yeah, need to be watching where the stick is. They weren't bad like some of his have been, but tonight they weren't totally his fault. I wasn't mad at him about it. 

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

CANADA'S team baby!

Hell no! They can watch, cheer and be awestruck all they want but this team is OUR team!

Don't want no stinkin' Laffs fans on this wagon!

4 hours ago, Mustapha said:

Imagine if they had get to play Boston again...

That's better, eh?

I think Tampa's actually got their number this year but I'd much rather see the grudge match we all deserve.

Make that little rat-faced, mouth-grabbin', cheek-licking punk weep tears of poison as we hoist the cup!

• Cheers 1

Glad to wake up to a win. I actually dreamt that we had lost 3-2 after leading 2-0. It felt so real and I woke up devastated. Glad to see the boys put in a great performance, both offensively and defensively. 40 blocks let's go!!!!! The bench must have been roaring all night.

Petey is a superstar. 

Hughes is adapting.

Bo is the man, leading his pack.

Toff is who we need him to be.

Markstrom is showing the world why he was an actual Vezina candidate. 

Go Nucks!!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

In about 2 or 3 years Petey is going to be a more skilled Forsberg..

He's just going to be a dominant force in the NHL.. way way more dominant than he is now...

The amount of physicality and abuse he can handle and continue to have multi point games at 21 yrs age i can only imagine what he's going to be like in 2 or 3 yrs. 

This...!its been said so many times. Despite us looking good now, our window is just starting slightly to open... imagine 2-3 years trom now.... Drool just drool. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2