The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

40 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This...!its been said so many times. Despite us looking good now, our window is just starting slightly to open... imagine 2-3 years trom now.... Drool just drool. 

While I agree, and look forward to seeing us in 2 or 3 years, I think we are forgetting how skilled Forsberg was. If Petey amounts to be a Forsberg, he will be one of the best players to play the game. Forsberg was a beast!

But yeah, we are just starting to see what the Canucks will be. Quinn, Petey, Bowser, Horvat, in three years. 

Podz hopefully on the second line! My god, it's going to be fun! 

Edited by NucksinNorway
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

While I agree, and look forward to seeing us in 2 or 3 years, I think we are forgetting how skilled Forsberg was. If Petey amounts to be a Forsberg, he will be one of the best players to play the game. Forsberg was a beast!

But yeah, we are just starting to see what the Canucks will be. Quinn, Petey, Bowser, Horvat, in three years. 

Podz hopefully on the second line! My god, it's going to be fun! 

Or if Benning can pull a rabbit out of the hat and find the cap space for Toffoli, we may start Podz on the third line. Just imagine how strong our forward lines could be... 

5 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I hope so. If only so I don't have to hear the "lotto line" name again.  Horrible.

I agree.  I love Miller with Petey but i dont feel Brock is strong enough on the puck to work on that line in the playoffs.  Toffoli is an amazing player along the boards and his shot is as good as any.  Brock compliments Horvats game pretty well. 

5 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

According to Shark fans, he never makes in game adjustments or any at all for that matter. Vancouver clearly saw a few ways to be better and hopefully bodes well for us.

Tony Stecher QBs the PP from the half wall. Whaaaat? Looked good doing it as well. Now there is an active coaching group. TT with EP40 and Pearson, what a line. 

EP40, Elias Pettersson: As quickly as we have seen this kid develop since he first suited up I suggest we are seeing him take another huge step in these playoffs. The number of hits he has absorbed is amazing yet he is willing to take more. What will he do with another 10-15 pounds? Watch his body language on the bench. He is starting to look a tad scary with those steely eyes. 

Kudos to Green and the coaching staff. Adjustments necessary, adjustments made. Upped the tempo and trusted Marky to make the saves. Obvious that some players are playing hurt (Hughes and Miller).  

• Cheers 1

Wow! Great bounce back game!

Toffoli shown he should be signed.

Pettersson was perfect last night.

Bo had double scores again.

Elder and Tanev were great.

Marky was very solid.

Green had magic to turn the team around.

GO CANUCKS GO !

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

11 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

What a difference in the post-game reactions and interviews of the victors following both games. Vegas was cocky and arrogant as they joked about their chirping ways and their perceived domination of the Canucks. The younger Canucks though, classy and composed with only good things to say about Vegas. 

Our leadership has been questioned by some for being too soft and not having a voice. Seeing this group on and off the ice during these playoffs is evidence enough that we have an amazing leadership that thrives on professionalism and success.

Yet another proud moment as a Canucks fan. Gonna be a fun ride, now and for years to come.

One of the biggest offenders is Lehner. He made a point of rubbing it in with Rooster after game one....something to the effect of "Keep it up. It makes me play better".

Last night we saw Roussel avoiding the scrums and the chirping. He still played hard, but it was whistle to whistle.

• Cheers 4

50 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I died laughing seeing this.   These are the plays teams feed energy off of.  JT is awesome 

miller has the playoff experience and a large reason why the bolts were such a threat, because he plays like a pit bull and beagle was a huge reason why the caps won the cup, then we have guys like pearson and toffoli who were kings staples, so these young guys are gonna sit around the learning tree. pretty sure even green is learning a thing or two with this wealth of experience. jim benning built a team very few would even thought would make it this far and that we were still "years away"

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One of the biggest offenders is Lehner. He made a point of rubbing it in with Rooster after game one....something to the effect of "Keep it up. It makes me play better".

Last night we saw Roussel avoiding the scrums and the chirping. He still played hard, but it was whistle to whistle.

he played hard but got them riled up enough to where they only targeted him and he just avoided everything. its almost as if he made a phone call to alex burrows himself. he pissed them off to where he got under their skin enough to throw them off their game without taking unnecessary penalties, and with sutherland out there, its amazing how he wasnt called for a few phantom calls. its as if he played with a short leash, but it had enough bite to it, if that makes sense? makes me think that was green's genius KNOWING vegas wanted to target him and get under his skin and create a domino effect and he cut that out early

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

he played hard but got them riled up enough to where they only targeted him and he just avoided everything. its almost as if he made a phone call to alex burrows himself. he pissed them off to where he got under their skin enough to throw them off their game without taking unnecessary penalties, and with sutherland out there, its amazing how he wasnt called for a few phantom calls. its as if he played with a short leash, but it had enough bite to it, if that makes sense?

It does....and encapsulates it pretty well, I think, although I doubt he needed any "coaching" from Burr....

Rooster has been playing this particular role for many years and he's always been very "good" at it. I hated him when he was with the Stars.....

40 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Wow! Great bounce back game!

Toffoli shown he should be signed.

Pettersson was perfect last night.

Bo had double scores again.

Elder and Tanev were great.

Marky was very solid.

Green had magic to turn the team around.

GO CANUCKS GO !

I love Toffoli and want him here but we need to be careful and not end up in cap trouble like the leafs.  We also need to make room for Podz.