The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

31 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If you compare black vs white, you can't deny that it's an absolute disadvantage JUST to be black.

Look how many white boys rape, etc. and because they're on the swim team/whatever, get off scot-free.  Yet, if a young black man did that?.....we all know by now how that ends.  The fact that they get handcuffed and led away (white boys) from the scene offers them a "chance".  A black man being shot in the back  hardly has one.

My kids have helped me to see that those of us who can't see "why" aren't looking hard enough.  Because, as a mother, I think of how awful it must be for black mothers every time their kids walk out the door facing the prospect that they could get shot because they get pulled over to be "questioned".  That their lives could abruptly be stripped away at that point.

image.png

Racism / bigotry starts in the home .If we can change that we will be ok 

F3348004-5100-4397-A6A8-FE59EE21B771.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yeah.  The NHL means very little to the USA sports fan.  I think it rates below college basketball and football.  It may be even with NASCAR.  But I think NHL will postpone for a day or two. 

Yep.   Below NASCAR too.   When our best player is making 12.5 and their average players are making double that it’s pretty clear where sports fans money is going in North America.   

If the NBA is resuming their playoffs tomorrow, I do not think that the NHL should postpone any games unless they reschedule for all games so that there will not be a back to back games.  It is compressed enough as it is already is.  I do not think the NHL would want to paying any extra expenses for more days on the bubble.  If this comes out as a positives, the Canucks would benefit from this but I rather to see the players keep on playing.  

21 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Ice Hockey Hug GIF by NHL

Brock forces a smile outta him once in a while  :P   - but I get what you mean. He is our version of "Captain Serious" 

Screw that trade Brock talk 

no one involved with the team is thinking that, its just 1040 fed cow patties. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1