The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Cops are trained to empty their clips not to shoot one bullet and with adrenaline in a situation where a man was just tasered and kept moving shooting 7 rounds is not really that much.

Man hope you are never at the other end of it. 

It is too much and if that is their training than it is definitely a problem. 7 shots in the back is excessive. A good marksman only need 1 shot to immobilize, max 2 or 3. 

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

It is too much and if that is their training than it is definitely a problem. 7 shots in the back is excessive. A good marksman only need 1 shot to immobilize, max 2 or 3. 

If it’s your life on the line how many shots are you taking? I bet more than one.

• Cheers 1

I wouldn't be on the other end because I am not idiot and don't fight with police officers and then walk away from them. I would fully expect to get shot if I did something that stupid. George Floyd did everything right and got murdered.

Everything will be better in 24 hours, right? <_< Any idea when they're going to play Game 3? Well, we went months without sports, we can wait one day to get back at 'er. If this sit-out helps someone in any way, then I guess it's good. I would love to know how it would help though, or who this helps.

Sports is a positive escape for a lot of people and brings people of all races together. Cancelling games means "they're" winning, whoever "they" are. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

You clearly havent heard of how many bullets a drugged up person can take and keep going.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If it’s your life on the line how many shots are you taking? I bet more than one.

It's pretty incredible how the media misled everyone on the truth behind the shooting in question.

This should be a MASSIVE part of the entire narrative.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Everything will be better in 24 hours, right? <_< Any idea when they're going to play Game 3? Well, we went months without sports, we can wait one day to get back at 'er. If this sit-out helps someone in any way, then I guess it's good. I would love to know how it would help though, or who this helps.

Sports is a positive escape for a lot of people and brings people of all races together. Cancelling games means "they're" winning, whoever "they" are. 

The players view it as a distraction from a more bigger issue at hand. Cancelling games, for whatever reason, brings attention to the matter.

Edited by 250Integra

If  the nhl resumes tomorrow and there is another incident next week, do they pause again?

I feel the players were pressured. There are 400 personal stuck in the bubbles making up the 8 teams left. They are playing for their dream and mean while can't wait to be home with their families. 

I just wish there could be another way, maybe pressure owners to donate profits for the playoffs to a BLM org or don't play? use your pre and post game interviews to champion the cause, as you have a platform to due so on national broadcasts. 

I have no real issue with it but I am disappointed and believe there are other ways to show support. 

• Like 1