The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

13 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

I think the game is getting canceled

?

I believe our ability to outplay Vegas in the 2nd game said a lot. It said we can hang with the best of them. It also said we can take the punishment they throw out.

As long as that remains true and we can stay healthy, I think we have a real chance here. If this team isn't too broken down and they win the forecheck battle, I think we can overcome Vegas. 

• Cheers 1

I respect/support l these public figures/athletes using their voices and platforms to try to spread awareness of the tragic effects of systemic racism in the world. It’s just I’ve always seen sports as a way to bring people together, there’s been so much division between people this year that having something we can all get excited about and come together for feels like a breath of fresh air. 

Score prediction: let’s see Equality take the series lead, And then hopefully the Canucks as well

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, kloubek said:

?

I believe our ability to outplay Vegas in the 2nd game said a lot. It said we can hang with the best of them. It also said we can take the punishment they throw out.

As long as that remains true and we can stay healthy, I think we have a real chance here. If this team isn't too broken down and they win the forecheck battle, I think we can overcome Vegas. 

BLM movements have led to games in NBA, WNBA, MLB all getting postponed

14 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Games tonight didn't. Itll be interesting to see how this develops. Im sure most people wont mind either way. Some things are bigger than hockey.

Tennis matches today were played but Thursday's matches are delayed till friday in honour of BLM.

Naomi Osaka even withdrew from her would've been Friday semifinal after winning her quarterfinal today, in protest

• Like 4

This game is going to be interesting, I think the next Game 4 will be more pivotal of course but this is going to be much more even - both teams have shown their hand, felt each other out and made the necessary adjustments. We'll see now how Vegas will counter our latest move of mixing up our top-6 and see if they can shut them down again. Of course I just hope we stick to our gameplan and do exactly what we did in the last game. 

The PP needs to click a bit more - this is what we need to bust open this series. They have a top-10 PK but our faceoff edge means we start with O-zone pressure every PP which is almost an extra 20-30 seconds of quality time. Let's hope the powerplay can give us an early edge because we're much more comfortable playing with and padding a lead. I was impressed at how well we snuffed out any comeback chance in the last game against the best 3rd period team.

Going to expect a much tighter game but let's hope Petey is still possessed and our top-6 continue to roll.

4-3 Canucks in OT

44 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

BLM movements have led to games in NBA, WNBA, MLB all getting postponed

Tennis matches today were played but Thursday's matches are delayed till friday in honour of BLM.

Naomi Osaka even withdrew from her would've been Friday semifinal after winning her quarterfinal today, in protest

The question is - will the NHL feel the same level of pressure to do so, the demographics of the players is a lot different to basket ball etc. 

They players may force the issue but if this is coming from players outside the bubble will they feel the same level of pressure to do any thing. 

as it stands games are being played so I hope we get a good one and a W for the nucks

1 minute ago, UKNuck96 said:

The question is - will the NHL feel the same level of pressure to do so, the demographics of the players is a lot different to basket ball etc. 

They players may force the issue but if this is coming from players outside the bubble will they feel the same level of pressure to do any thing. 

as it stands games are being played so I hope we get a good one and a W for the nucks

At some point if you are the only league still playing, you kind of have to follow suit or else it is going to be a bad look. 

• Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

At some point if you are the only league still playing, you kind of have to follow suit or else it is going to be a bad look. 

The NHL is different though. The point of the protests is too show solidarity on the BLM and social injustice, but to achieve that, sponsors of these leagues need to be hit = owners getting in the wallet. Unfortunately the NHL sponsors aren't what you would consider big hitters in the US. I dunno, in the NHL, theres not right or wrong as answer as it is a league full of players with different backgrounds that never had experienced any sort of this racial injustice in their hometowns unlike baseball, basketball, football where Im sure a lot of the black players have at least had some sort of a bad experience with racial profiling by the police in their younger years compared to a white kid playing hockey in Ontario or Sweden right? Either way I stand with my black brothers and hope this BS comes to an end

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

I'm expecting this to be the most intense game of the year.

The boys learned what they have to do to beat Vegas and are going to come out flying. 

Vegas has now seen the Canucks play a good game and will be hungry to counter after getting rocked.

I'm so pumped! 

I forgot how nerve-racking playoffs are. And how gloomy this place gets after a loss.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

This may be true - that said their are other things they can do to offer solidarity such as bending a knee during the anthem.. either way I’m looking forward to game three - both 3 and 4 will be huge ones.  We’ve played a lot of big games in the playoffs already and sure we can pull it off..again. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Devron44 said:

NBA boycotting games. Hrudy saying we shouldn’t be watching hockey today. BLM

Hrudy is an idiot and nonsensical most of the time.

He probably doesn't even understand this American problem anyway. 

I hope the Canucks come out strong!!

Go Canucks Go!!!

• Cheers 4
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

It better not.  Bloody USA problems bleeding into Canada. 

no sheet, a white 8 yr old boy was shot in the head, and nothing was mentioned or posted about that, but as soon as a black person gets shot , the whole world stops...what about that 8yr old boy and his family? not onething was mentioned anywere.

hence why i posted above its more than just one race its all races.

But yes, if all sports boycott, its gonna suck, and to be honest doubt its gonna change much if anything of whats happening in the world now... things do need to change agree, but people cant expect it to happen over night, theres still gonna be injustice all over vs all races, but onlytime can heal and mend wounds