Sign in to follow this  
Roberts

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

So I guess no word yet on when the next game will be?Trying to plan my weekend.

Can't even watch sports peacefully with out this whole crap being thrown in your head...what a world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Sedinery 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Or when a five year old boy gets assassinated. Media is crooked and to blame for a lot of this. 

Oh the media is definitely looking for stories that would give them the highest rating and frankly, not saying it is right at all, the five year old killing is a dime a dozen in the US everyday and hardly news worthy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanucksBachelor said:

Disagree wholeheartedly in the decision not to play. Clearly the Canucks were the "loudest" because they saw it as a strategic move to rest players and to wait for key players (Myers) to return to the line up.

That's a huge assumption, and frankly disrespectful to the Canucks players. I give them much more credit than that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Oregon.Duck said:

Mods, lock this up as it's not doing anything to further responsible dialogue. I'm frankly disappointed in the fanbase on this threads' inability to remove their own selfish motives. At the end of the day, this is a game that we are privileged to watch and it's a sobering reminder.

I disagree.  In fact, the mods should make an acceptation today and allow this GDT to go off topic and discuss the WHY the game was cancelled, and what it means to, especially, players of colour in the NHL, and even beyond to issues out in the community in regards to systemic racism.

You have to expect there will always be the ones that may simply be uninformed, or having never experienced or even witnessed overt racism....all the way to the rabid unapologetic racists.  But its important to hear everyone. Even if you have to wade through the insensitive and idiotic responses. Dialogue is important.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I thought one of the leaders of BLM said the looting was justified ?  In Chicago specifically..

That's not really a 'Gotcha' moment. When people come to a point where they see no future for themselves or their kids, where the government simply does not care about you, when you've been systematically put in ghettos which leaves you behind everyone else, where unless you have superior athletic abilities you probably won't be given an education that will give you a job, where you can be shot by the police for walking the wrong way, then yeah, screw Macy's or Forever 21. You need to be heard and sometimes smashing windows is the only way you can get the frustration out.

If you think that's stupid, and peaceful protests should be the only way to go, tell that to the natives that have been peacefully protesting forever about 4000 (FOUR THOUSAND!) missing women in northern communities. Guess what, nothing gets done. It doesn't effect the elites or media in anyway, so they can protest all they want, "peacefully", 'over there'. Look at how many changes came from the recent protests.

I'm awful at explaining things, this guy does it much better,

Basically the authorities and media have been downplaying the 'riot' aspect of 'protests' since the 40's because they don't want the common man to ask the question 'why are they doing this?'. And I'm not talking about the Vancouver riots that were dumb, I'm talking about actual protests for equality and rights and freedom. If people start to see why these people are rioting, more and more people will see their point.

I know I'm wording this poorly, but the video will make more sense than I do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

I watched them all in March April May June and July

Exactly! So one more day should be a cakewalk! Lol 

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

So I guess no word yet on when the next game will be?Trying to plan my weekend.

No way they sacrifice the Saturday night ratings.... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I'm sure he can find a new job more suited to his abilities.  

Because that's funny? Gotta be honest stealth, would expect a better response from ya. Nothing i said is apparently worth an actual response? Alrighty .

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Can't even watch sports peacefully with out this whole crap being thrown in your head...what a world.

Imagine being so soft that discussions of race upset your ability for peace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksBachelor said:

Disagree wholeheartedly in the decision not to play. Clearly the Canucks were the "loudest" because they saw it as a strategic move to rest players and to wait for key players (Myers) to return to the line up.

In terms of actual delay, this is awful for timing and economics of the game. The NHL season is already delayed, we cant afford to have even more delays in the playoffs seeing how late this will push the start of the next season. These racial battles will continue, please dont stop sports for it, it ruins the economics of the games and wastes our time as fans planning our evenings around games. Thanks.

This is absolute crap.  That's your take on it but it isn't there.

And if you heard the interview with Dumba you'd understand that our team deeply supports this movement and it's NOTHING seemingly beyond that.

Don't cheapen their efforts to satisfy your own agenda.  This team has always been on board...no, actually leading the charge, on social issues.  Whether it be mental health, social injustices, etc.

Wasting a day away waiting for a game isn't really big news here on the grand scale of it all.  

Loudest because they were on board from square one....nothing strategic or planned in order to ruin your night or "wait" for anything.  They had momentum...you think they want that to wane away?  To give Vegas extra time to prepare and also "heal"?  

• Upvote 3

Still no actual word from the NHL on the gameplan. They're quickly falling into the NBA's problem of yesterday. 

Yah even though the narrative getting pushed by the media I don’t agree with at all, I’m kinda glad the Canucks get the extra rest in.  Get Myers back, Toffoli gets a couple more days to get 100% if he isn’t already and we get ready to sack Vegas again on Saturday.

Anyway, I’m outta here until then see ya guys!

3 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I'm sorry human rights slightly inconvenienced you for a day. 

"Convicted sex offender with warrant resisting arrest rights"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I disagree.  In fact, the mods should make an acceptation today and allow this GDT to go off topic and discuss the WHY the game was cancelled, and what it means to, especially, players of colour in the NHL, and even beyond to issues out in the community in regards to systemic racism.

You have to expect there will always be the ones that may simply be uninformed, or having never experienced or even witnessed overt racism....all the way to the rabid unapologetic racists.  But its important to hear everyone. Even if you have to wade through the insensitive and idiotic responses. Dialogue is important.

Can we agree to just have another gdt for game 3 when that eventually rolls around?

• Hydration 2

Just now, Maginator said:

My daughters shirt on game day!

Point Blur_Aug272020_133402.jpg

She's wearing that tomorrow I take it? Hahaha

My point is, ALL lives matter..stop doing crime , Listen to the police instructions and I'm sure everything will work out fine...it has for me at least.

• Haha 3