The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Did George Floyd not try to when he was saying "I can't breathe"?

Watch the video. He did everything but comply.

Not justifying his death but he did not at any point interact properly with them.

In the full clip he was so mangled on fentanyl he was telling them he couldn't breathe from the beginning when he was being asked to get in the car.

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fecklund said:

I came here to talk Hockey but I see that's not going to happen here either.... even sportsnet has turned off commenting because they know people are CHOKED about this, but they have to control the narrative.... so pathetic, weak, and sad. 

not really.  People are expressing themselves.  Weak are the ones who can't deal with it and need to escape into sports to avoid society's problems.  

Just now, Moose Nuckle said:

The statement claimed you couldn't be a terrorist in your own country, not true.

The US government has no existing legal authority to label a wholly domestic group in the manner it currently designates foreign terrorist organizations.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The US government has no existing legal authority to label a wholly domestic group in the manner it currently designates foreign terrorist organizations.

Haha no a FOREIGN terrorist org is not a DOMESTIC terrorist org.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

Edited by Moose Nuckle

Just now, Jaimito said:

not really.  People are expressing themselves.  Weak are the ones who can't deal with it and need to escape into sports to avoid society's problems.  

People can't express themselves when the ability to do so is taken away from them. And the reason why it was, is stated in my last post. They need to control this narrative and tow the socio-political line, or face the "woke mob"
THAT IS pathetic sad and weak. period. 

and Evander Kane? Is some spokesman for human right now? the same guy who was dodging rape charges a few years ago? And those other 2 clowns with him have had numerous issues in the past as well. These guys are using the woke bandwagon to get attention, nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

Jumping in to say how proud I am of our team for reportedly "driving" this.  As much as I would have loved to watch the game today this issue is far more important than sports.

I have no desire to read the thread since there are far too many who simply don't get it.  What I will say is no white person would ever be shot in the back 7 times for simply getting into their car and if you don't believe that, see 17 yr old white person with an AR-15 being able to walk away from police after murdering 2 people.

The one who walked towards them immediately after with his hands up?

Ya he walked up to the cops, explained himself and was arrested.

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

OK, I guess all officers are corrupt, I've had my fair share of run-ins but guess what? I was polite , respectful and eventualy on my way..What dinks eh!?

If they do not prosecute or even outright protect their own when they commit a crime then yes, they're rotten. 

You've had your good encounters, that's good. Breonna Taylor didn't get that chance. George Floyd didn't get that chance. Eric Garner didn't get that chance.

Just because you had a positive experience, doesn't mean everyone will, especially if you're black.

• Cheers 2

This action by the players and nhl causes me to stop and reflect on this.  It makes me wonder how problems can be fixed in society.   I can adjust my attitudes, but who fixes problems like this in our society?   Governments?  Corporations?   They have the money, they have the influence.  Seems our governments pretty much just try and keep as quiet as possible, not wanting to say things that effect their potential for re-election.  This isn't leadership.  Corporations are interested in profits not people.  Where is the leadership?  How to change things for the better?  Yeah, I'm reflecting on this today.  I'd rather escape into my love for the Canucks and the  game and shotgun jake tonight instead. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Jumping in to say how proud I am of our team for reportedly "driving" this.  As much as I would have loved to watch the game today this issue is far more important than sports.

I have no desire to read the thread since there are far too many who simply don't get it.  What I will say is no white person would ever be shot in the back 7 times for simply getting into their car and if you don't believe that, see 17 yr old white person with an AR-15 being able to walk away from police after murdering 2 people.

More unarmed white men are killed by white cops than black men.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

This why I love my team.

This "movement" is ultimately against whites, and largely funded by parties already deeply vested in anti-white activities. All across the board, people who are saying "NO!" to this nonsense are being silenced and punished. "To find out who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - and also -video removed -

I'm out. Been a fun 27 years as a fan. No more. Thanks for all the great information and nice discussions on the forum. Bye.

11 minutes ago, Allt svartnar said:

This "movement" is ultimately against whites, and largely funded by parties already deeply vested in anti-white activities. All across the board, people who are saying "NO!" to this nonsense are being silenced and punished. "To find out who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - and also - Video removed -

I'm out. Been a fun 27 years as a fan. No more. Thanks for all the great information and nice discussions on the forum. Bye.

With an attitude like that, good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

So racism ends tomorrow ?

I hope the next pandemic erases 80% of human life, we are obviously to stupid to rule this world. Let the animals take over, they do no harm. (other than killing and eating eachother :bored:)

Cancelling sports for a day will change nothing. Do something that involves money, thats the only language people in power understands and are afraid of...everybody stay home from work for a week ?

That message would be heard.

I dont know, I´m just fed up with stupid people in general, I was so looking forward to the game and of course politics has to be involved.

/bitter bitter man

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1