The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

13 minutes ago, Allt svartnar said:

This "movement" is ultimately against whites, and largely funded by parties already deeply vested in anti-white activities. All across the board, people who are saying "NO!" to this nonsense are being silenced and punished. "To find out who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - and also -video removed -

I'm out. Been a fun 27 years as a fan. No more. Thanks for all the great information and nice discussions on the forum. Bye.

Imagine being so insecure about racism that you decide to stop being a fan...

2 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

There's no place for white power nazi apologists here. 

Haha I agree. There's also no place for people who randomly call people nazis for voicing their opinion when they were asked to do so. 

Pretty wild accusation.

Edited by Moose Nuckle

4 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Everybody, just look at this thread. It's a microcosm of the outside world.
NONE of this is "bringing people together" or helping anyone at all, in any way shape or form.
It's doing exactly the opposite.
Turning people against each other.
It's designed to do just that. and it's working.

Have a good day everyone. Hopefully next time we can actually talk hockey, which is what we SHOULD be doing in here. 

Meh, don’t care because I feel like I’m standing up for what is right and just. I and a lot of others on here will be on the right side of history. 

5 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Everybody, just look at this thread. It's a microcosm of the outside world.
NONE of this is "bringing people together" or helping anyone at all, in any way shape or form.
It's doing exactly the opposite.
Turning people against each other.
It's designed to do just that. and it's working.

Have a good day everyone. Hopefully next time we can actually talk hockey, which is what we SHOULD be doing in here. 

It's not aimed at that as a short term goal.  That's long term.

It's to disrupt things.  To get people's ears.  And hit their wallets so they DO pay attention.

And if hockey players and athletes have a platform and can use it to support that, I'm all in favour.  

Some of them have seen, first hand, how difficult it can be to "make it" in a white world/sport.  The obstacles that some face in even getting a shot at it.

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

My problem with the protest is trying to say this is the same thing happening again. George Floyd was murdered by police and did nothing to deserve what police did to him. Jacob Blake did everything wrong.

The point is even though he did things wrong. What he did was not deserving of 7 shots in the back.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Allt svartnar said:

This "movement" is ultimately against whites, and largely funded by parties already deeply vested in anti-white activities. All across the board, people who are saying "NO!" to this nonsense are being silenced and punished. "To find out who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - and also -video removed -

I'm out. Been a fun 27 years as a fan. No more. Thanks for all the great information and nice discussions on the forum. Bye.

Careful.  Your nazi is showing 

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah. They'll still get paid though lol. Big stance Haha.

Players don't get paid post-season.  In fact, they declined their last paycheck (March) reverting them to the owners as part of their CBA extension (to help reduce future escrow)

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Sorry you lost me at human right abuse. What human rights are abused?

Equality under the law, the very foundation of society.

When is the cancellations for the overdose crisis planned? Huh?

Oh of course they don't matter or anyone else that doesn't have the right problem. Gross.

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

It's funny that people on here act like they are hockey fans that love the game yet don't understand how NHL salaries work.

I think that each Canuck player made something like $20,000 by winning the series against the Blues. I don't think they get anything if they lose against Vegas.

Regardless. They're not losing or gaining anything by doing this. Theres zero sacrifice is what I'm getting at. Honestly if anything it's in the canucks favor to not play today. We may get myers back.