The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Do we know when game 3 will be? Same time and date as game 4?

I'd imagine we're going to have to wait a few hours for them to figure out the logistics. Might even be a day game on Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Haha I agree. There's also no place for people who randomly call people nazis for voicing their opinion when they were asked to do so. 

Pretty wild accusation.

did you see the link the poster posted? it showed a nazi apologist video

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Or, they made their own decisions as men. You have no evidence to suggest that this wasn't the case. You just want it to be true so that your own values aren't contradicted. Instead, you're on a team's website crying and telling them to play. 

They made discriminatory decisions.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I must spend too much time in the Off Topic section. I'm CDC hardened. 

This thread is a good discussion of an important issue. Nobody should be getting upset. 

This is a GDT, sad politics  and the anger that comes with it has been brought into it.

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The point is even though he did things wrong. What he did was not deserving of 7 shots in the back.

This is the problem. No one thinks he should have been shot 7 times in the back. It’s a tragedy. At the same time, many can understand resisting arrest, fighting officers, disobeying orders with guns drawn on you, reaching into your car and the cop has no idea what you are getting, will likely lead to a terrible outcome no matter the race. 

How is closing games effective? How is rioting going to solve anything? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spliced said:

Equality under the law, the very foundation of society.

When is the cancellations for the overdose crisis planned? Huh?

Oh of course they don't matter or anyone else that doesn't have the right problem. Gross.

Whatever that is made no sense. Just because you don't like this protest does not constitute violation of human rights. Heck suppressing it may actually be violation of human right to freedom of speech and protest. 

• Thanks 1

I think sports leagues pulling their boycotts dulls the social discussion about the racial issues in society. If there is a value to hashing out these issues, then let them occur in an organic manner. When the NBA/MLB/NHL/MLB/NCAA get involved ... then it becomes about following LeBron, as if he or his ilk have anything of meaning to contribute. They don't, or at least haven't to this point. It just allows sports entities to bask in a faux glow of self-righteousness. Cancelling games for a night means nothing. Fixes nothing. Woke today, playing tomorrow. We sure showed them, didn't we?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Robert Long said:

Just from a logic pov.... wouldn't a person who says 'all lives matter' have to agree with the statement 'black lives matter'? 

Yes, i don't think anyones arguing that all lives matter, black and white and latino and asian. All matter.

The actions of burning down used car dealerships serves what purpose?

Burning down small business serves who?

Smashing and grabbing at nike, apple, tesla and jewelry stores because those businesses are racist?

Right...

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Whatever that is made no sense. Just because you don't like this protest does not constitute violation of human rights. Heck suppressing it may actually be violation of human right to freedom of speech and protest. 

You're promoting classism which is a human rights abuse.

Equality under the law.

Edited by spliced
  • Wat 2

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The point is even though he did things wrong. What he did was not deserving of 7 shots in the back.

Right, so you can fight with police officers, get tasered and then reach into your car ignoring police and expect nothing bad to happen? No. Police have guns for a reason.

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I must spend too much time in the Off Topic section. I'm CDC hardened. 

This thread is a good discussion of an important issue. Nobody should be getting upset. 

Anger often stems from frustration when one isnt able to Express their thoughts and feelings. Overall I agree this is a super productive discussion and it's what these athletes and BLM want. To talk about what going on and not ignore it. 

However we have to accept that not everyone is going to be on the same side of these social issues.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I think this specific circumstance is an issue with general police brutality, not so much racism. would anyone agree?

We arent even sure what happened and everyone is saying this wouldnt have happened if he was white . Allot of assumptions.  To be expected I guess 

3 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I think this specific circumstance is an issue with general police brutality, not so much racism. would anyone agree?

I should clarify, I'm referring to this specific incident with Jacob Blake.