The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

7 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I think they should continue to have both teams stand together for the anthems.  If 2 teams who hate each other can stand respectfully with each other, that shows solidarity that's bigger than sports.

In saying that,

Let's beat these Vegas bums and burst their bubble!! GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel::towel:

Either that, or have a moment of silence before the game, and just skip the anthems altogether. 

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1

I don’t have great feeling that there will be continued playoff hockey 

the pressure is pro sports is mounting now and athletes are looking towards NHL players to act. Now players like Kane and Dumba are speaking out and calling for action 

I have a feeling the NHLPA is going to shut it down 

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

the pressure is pro sports is mounting now and athletes are looking towards NHL players to act. Now players like Kane and Dumba are speaking out and calling for action 

Well, if the NHL shuts down there is always poker. I really got into poker during the last lockout and have only come back to hockey about 5 years ago. It will be easier to let it go this time around.

23 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Don't worry man there will be hockey. Can't see players canceling the season after everything they went through.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 hours ago, x00x said:

no sheet, a white 8 yr old boy was shot in the head, and nothing was mentioned or posted about that, but as soon as a black person gets shot , the whole world stops...what about that 8yr old boy and his family? not onething was mentioned anywere.

hence why i posted above its more than just one race its all races.

But yes, if all sports boycott, its gonna suck, and to be honest doubt its gonna change much if anything of whats happening in the world now... things do need to change agree, but people cant expect it to happen over night, theres still gonna be injustice all over vs all races, but onlytime can heal and mend wounds

And especially I feel bad for the victim of that Blake person.  How would it feel to be sexually assaulted by a pedophile and then have the whole world thinking he’s the victim?  That is seriously &^@#ed up.

• Like 1

I  doubt that the NHL would shut down entirely, but I can understand if tonight's games get postponed.  Positive is that it gives us an extra day of rest, although as someone else pointed out, might put us into a back to back situation if the NHL doesn't just slide the schedule by a day.  I'd like to see Marky with extra rest, and gives Myers an extra day of healing, along with TT getting a bit more rest for his ankle.  

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, x00x said:

no sheet, a white 8 yr old boy was shot in the head, and nothing was mentioned or posted about that, but as soon as a black person gets shot , the whole world stops...what about that 8yr old boy and his family? not onething was mentioned anywere.

But yes, if all sports boycott, its gonna suck, and to be honest doubt its gonna change much if anything of whats happening in the world now... things do need to change agree, but people cant expect it to happen over night, theres still gonna be injustice all over vs all races, but onlytime can heal and mend wounds

Your colours are beginning to shine through in your posts 

best stop while you are behind 

• Wat 4

4 minutes ago, skategal said:

I  doubt that the NHL would shut down entirely, but I can understand if tonight's games get postponed.  Positive is that it gives us an extra day of rest, although as someone else pointed out, might put us into a back to back situation if the NHL doesn't just slide the schedule by a day.  I'd like to see Marky with extra rest, and gives Myers an extra day of healing, along with TT getting a bit more rest for his ankle.  

This is the most obvious solution even the WTA figured it out. Just take a day‘a pause and resume the day after. The NBA is in a real pickle for the second time this year because the players forced the issue and now the league doesn’t seem to have a set plan for what happens next. 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I do find it quite ironic that Kelly Hrudey is calling for Games to be called off now 

would he have done so if is beloved Flames were still in the playoffs? 

Hey Kelly name one thing you have done in your life to progress minority issues? Just one thing 

I understand that this is a Canucks fan forum, but find the constant bashing of Kelly Hrudey a bit bizarre.  In watching the intermission commentary during these playoffs, he has been pretty unbiased, positive about the Canucks and provides decent analysis of the game.  

I'm impressed that he has used his platform and his family to speak out on mental illness and it's impacts, lobbied for better treatments, he's open to helping anyone who reaches out to him.  

The vitriol that gets dished out towards him seems to be unfounded.  

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, skategal said:

I understand that this is a Canucks fan forum, but find the constant bashing of Kelly Hrudey a bit bizarre.  In watching the intermission commentary during these playoffs, he has been pretty unbiased, positive about the Canucks and provides decent analysis of the game.  

I'm impressed that he has used his platform and his family to speak out on mental illness and it's impacts, lobbied for better treatments, he's open to helping anyone who reaches out to him.  

Kelly.... is that you??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, skategal said:

It’s very founded and it’s on the forum because he comments on Canucks games 

he is a homer for the Flames and you are missing a lot of you have not noticed the direction he takes when commenting on games that involve the Canucks

He won’t be employed by Spirtsnet much longer. Old, boring and irrelevant 

6 minutes ago, skategal said:

Kelly Hrudey is this you. haha

While I support the movement and praise The athletes for speaking out and bring more awareness to this cause. I don’t see the value in not playing these games nba,Mla,nfl,nhl.

The players can speak out and use there fame/influence  as a platform anytime/all the time.

I’m not against them missing games if they truly believe this is the best way to get action and awareness but for me i don’t see the value in it. 

Running more awareness addS during the games and promoting a change to the system with nhl nba nfl players during games would reach a far wider audience than Simply were not playing and theN the  channel gets changed.
how many here watched all the interviews by the nba players? 

2 hours ago, x00x said:

Not sure but are you saying that a Police Officer shot a white 8 yr old boy in the head?

Can you provide a link?

• Roberts changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3
  • Roger Neilsons Towel locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic