Sign in to follow this  
Roberts

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It was an important decision and it was the right decision to make. We needed to do something and make a stand." - Horvat

Careful Horvat, wouldn't want to upset anyone. After all, taking a stand is what the Marxists would do.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You are grouping everyone in the same group as those who support this are rioters. We know from experience in this city that some people take advantage of an ooportunity under the guize that they are supporting the cause. How many of the Vancouver rioters in 2011 were actually Canuck fans? See what I am saying?

i agree, please see my response to robert long 

1 hour ago, CanucksCountry said:

I am really disappointed that hockey is being cancelled today. Hockey is a fantastic example when everyone stands unity i think i can speak for everyone here we dont care what color your skin is, as long as your a good person that $&!# dosent matter, there is still an issue of racsim but trying to shut down the world for a day isnt the answer    

It sure is a start though to hopefully an answer. Enough is enough with what’s going on. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

When I first saw the video , that was my thought.  With the new information coming out , its not that cut and dried possibly. 

Were there not other people in the car? It's the officers job to stop him from hurting them too. In that case if they told him to stop or they'll shoot and he didn't then they probably followed correct police protocol.

One thing that strikes me is that the actual events and what happened haven't even been determined. So, if a black man is doing something dangerous to others can he now not be dealt with as a regular criminal because he's black?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

I'm done. Not supporting a SJW league. I hope the NHL goes bankrupt.

25 minutes ago, Robert_G said:

It was only a matter of time. With the NBA and others caving in....I saw it coming weeks ago. 40 years been Ive been an NHL fan....Today was my last day. I also will not support a SJW league. Watched my last game Tues night.

Haha I don’t think anyone cares. Seeya! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Nice buzzword. If wishing for a better life is considered marxist, than so be it.

These people don’t even know what marxism means...  I agree if marxist means a world without hate bring it on.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Were there not other people in the car? It's the officers job to stop him from hurting them too. In that case if they told him to stop or they'll shoot and he didn't then they probably followed correct police protocol.

One thing that strikes me is that the actual events and what happened haven't even been determined. So, if a black man is doing something dangerous to others can he now not be dealt with as a regular criminal because he's black?

Agreed  . Its neither extreme is ok. Apparently a high speed chase would have been safer,  or the officers reaching in and risking being stabbed I guess. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

I care. I love hockey and like them, I also don't like being force fed a narrative during sports. 

Nobody is force feeding you anything :picard:  the players chose to do this and a lot of you are acting like they are doing this as if it’s personal against you. Since when did being a pro athlete remove your freedom of speech and action? They CHOSE this, nobody forced them to do this. 

Edited by Petey40

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

These people don’t even know what marxism means...  I agree if marxist means a world without hate bring it on.

The self proclaimed trained marxists?

Look at the website dude. The creators of BLM that get all the money are self proclaimed marxists. They arent hiding it from you.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

Edited by Moose Nuckle

Just now, Petey40 said:

Nobody is force feeding you anything :picard:  the players chose to do this and a lot of you are acting as if they are doing this as if it’s personal against you. Since when did being a pro athlete remove your freedom of speech and action? They CHOSE this, nobody forced them to do this. 

No that's not what I mean. Political agendas plastered on the boards is what I dont appreciate.

23 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I am all for the protest of racial injustice. But in no way do I support the Black Lives Matter. They have done more harm and destruction than good. I will probably be cancelled for this comment because the left can’t handle anyone who disagrees with them. 

For me it's not that I don't support it I just think it's borderline useless as far as a solution, it helps with awareness, solidarity and togetherness, more of a support group. Much more is needed to actually induce change. In my life I've found protests don't accomplish much of anything except for a clap on the back. Very people few change their fundamental mind set based on someone arguing with them. Just ask my brother and I.

Everybody take a good time out and do whatever helps decompress the angst. The show will go on, maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but some day. Have a long way to go for things to change. I’m all for this postponing if it indeed does create change. Has to start at the top. It’s a beautiful day out. Time for a beat dance...

1E6A9B66-E212-43C4-A7FB-F5CCCC9609C7.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Moose Nuckle said:

The self proclaimed trained marxists?

Look at the website dude. The creators of BLM that get all the money are self proclaimed marxists. They arent hiding it from you.

They’re fighting to end systematic racism not for the means of production :picard:

Havent caught up with last 10 or so pages, so this might have already been mentioned (apologies if it has)

It makes sense for Canucks to have been prime movers - 11 of our 30 players in the bubble are U S  born.  I think that's the highest % for the remaining 8 teams

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Nuckle said:

No that's not what I mean. Political agendas plastered on the boards is what I dont appreciate.

Ah I see, my mistake I misunderstood.

It's good to see exactly who some of you are and what you're about. No reason to value the opinions of the ignorant! 

• Hydration 1

32 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, i may be unintelligent and/or insensitive but I don't have a clue how not playing hockey,  something we love and hold dear, changes anything.

I guess maybe if in the future they cancel sports as a penalty to those who are in the wrong. Maybe they care that much about sports that they won't kill black people anymore or something. I don't know. It doesn't change my stance any but leaves me a little confused as to how to react or what this is supposed to mean to me. Frankly, I just feel like tuning the whole thing out now.

Hockey is following the lead of Basketball and Baseball, but the gist of it is, most professional franchises are owned by stinking rich white guys who prominently vote republican (although there are exceptions, like Mark Cuban)

These owners often have the ear of their Governors, Congresspeople, Senators and yes, even POTUS. The hope is that if pressure is put on these owners, pressure is in turn put on politicians....

...And lol at the "I've watched my last NHL game" Nancies....

I wonder if Eric Trump will tweet a thank you to the NHL this time around?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1