The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Unbelievable. Evander Kane has endured so much racism in his privileged Canadian life that he has to push this agenda. For a guy who has had multiple sex assault accusations, he sure is trying his best to re-invent his image.

That's a garbage take. You have no idea what racism he's tolerated or what he endured growing up, or even institutionalized in the sport.

Remember when Twitter got very angry and racist after Joel Ward scored a series winning goal for the Caps just a few years back? Racism is alive and well and I'd rather see someone stand up and try to invoke positive change than bicker over whether a person has endured enough racism to have a valid opinion on this matter.

Go Canucks. Whenever the next game may be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

I got a great idea, keep your &^@#ing politics out of the game day thread!

This is hockey talk  it is talk about humanity and is what any decent person would want to talk about....like Stecher (quote below)

I got an idea why not keep your profanity out of this forum....

Speaking to the media on Wednesday, Vancouver Canucks defenceman Troy Stecher was asked if he had seen the graphic video and what his reaction was to the incident.

“Personally I haven’t seen the video, I’ve heard all about the context and the incident,” he said. “It’s heart-wrenching, it’s disgusting. Just like anything in life as a team, we need to come together and we need change, and this is direct evidence of that. Thoughts and prayers are obviously with his family and that community.”

END QUOTE

The whole world needs to speak up and keep speaking up in any forum available to do that...!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

This is a big game. If we can stay with Vegas tonight then this series is a toss up. 

At this point it's looking like we'll be able to stay with Vegas for the entire evening.... at the hotel :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, x00x said:

no sheet, a white 8 yr old boy was shot in the head, and nothing was mentioned or posted about that, but as soon as a black person gets shot , the whole world stops...what about that 8yr old boy and his family? not onething was mentioned anywere.

hence why i posted above its more than just one race its all races.

Wait, what? When did a 8yr old white boy get shot by a cop? Where was that?

After two blowout games...i'm expecting this one to be tightly contested...maybe overtime?  Pivotal game in the series that will test our young core's mental toughness.  They will answer the call....lets go Canucks.  3-2 OT WIN!!!

Hughes

Gaudette

Captain Bo with the OT winner.

13 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

That's a garbage take. You have no idea what racism he's tolerated or what he endured growing up, or even institutionalized in the sport.

Remember when Twitter got very angry and racist after Joel Ward scored a series winning goal for the Caps just a few years back? Racism is alive and well and I'd rather see someone stand up and try to invoke positive change than bicker over whether a person has endured enough racism to have a valid opinion on this matter.

Go Canucks. Whenever the next game may be.

No one is saying there is no racism. Just saying a very different life in the US melting pot. 

Find it curious how you refused to acknowledge Evander’s sex assault accusations. How people forget....