The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I would be surprised if tonight's game goes ahead as planned. Too much pressure. Too many eyes watching. The NHL stands to lose to much if they play games.

I beg to differ. I think they'd gain fans by not catering to this. Hockey has a different demographic. 

I personally think if you were gonna go on strike, it wouldn't be at the hands of a sexual predator who had warrants out for his arrest, resisted arrest, got tazed and then tried to reach into his vehicle for what appeared to be a weapon on the floorboard of the driver's side. Of all the things to stop everything on, this singular incident isn't the one. If they were gonna do it they should have done it way before. Looks bad to have that incident attached to the reason as to why leagues stopped playing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

Looking forward to the game if it’s played. Boys just gotta keep playing the way we were in Game 2. Play hard, forecheck and back check effectively and stellar goaltending from Marky is key to our success. Hope the boys take a series lead! 3-2 Canucks. Toffoli, Petey and Huggy Bear with the goals. GCG!

17 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This is hockey talk  it is talk about humanity and is what any decent person would want to talk about....like Stecher (quote below)

I got an idea why not keep your profanity out of this forum....

Speaking to the media on Wednesday, Vancouver Canucks defenceman Troy Stecher was asked if he had seen the graphic video and what his reaction was to the incident.

“Personally I haven’t seen the video, I’ve heard all about the context and the incident,” he said. “It’s heart-wrenching, it’s disgusting. Just like anything in life as a team, we need to come together and we need change, and this is direct evidence of that. Thoughts and prayers are obviously with his family and that community.”

END QUOTE

The whole world needs to speak up and keep speaking up in any forum available to do that...!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the video and this is nothing like George Floyd. Did he deserve to get shot? Idk. But he resisted arrest. He was tasered. He ignored police and tried to get back in his car.. What do you expect to happen? You get in a fight with police who are called to the scene because of you and then reach into your car? honestly Wtf do you think is going to happen? They are complaining that his kids were in the car.. then why are you resisting arrest? I see no comparison to the George Floyd murder. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Canucks could definitely use a day or two more of rest. Game 1 they looked very exhausted and after the blockade they put up in Game 2, they’re probably quite bruised. 
So long as this doesn’t mean they’re forced to play back-to-back nights ahead, or that the whole thing get cancelled, it might be okay.

Delaying also means we might see Myers back for Game 3. 

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, kingfreako said:

A lot of people in this thread saying "it's not about race, it's about class" and I've been hearing this argument for many many years. I assume that most of you are Canadian, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't study US history in your spare time. But just think about WHY such a disproportionately large percent of African Americans are in the lower class. It's not an accident. Segregationist policies were designed to limit access to desirable housing, employment, education, and perhaps most significantly voting rights, to African Americans. It's been that way forever and it is still that way in many parts of the country. Look at the history of school segregation, redlining, gerrymandering, and voter rights suppression. It's evil. And it's not just about individuals having prejudiced or bigoted opinions - it's about systemic racism that is deeply ingrained in American society.

So which racist policies remain so we can set a goal? The biggest issue with this stuff is nobody has come to the table with a reasonable solution. 

Get rid of police - outrageous

Give your house to a minority - outrageous

Loot - outrageous

Give reparations - ask Derek Sanderson what happens when you are given money with no direction

My thoughts are leadership. The Dumba presentation was awesome and effective. Use the spotlight for that stuff, not for being negative and creating animosity. 

Show your community how to succeed, make more success stories, build up yourself and show neighbours how to do the same and communities will improve. 

Pointing fingers and asking for free stuff makes it worse. 

Guy made fun of me on here today about me watching too many disney movies, well guess what every Disney movie teaches you? Hard work and forgiveness trump vengeance and revenge. Watch a Disney movie sometime.

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No one is saying there is no racism. Just saying a very different life in the US melting pot. 

Find it curious how you refused to acknowledge Evander’s sex assault accusations. How people forget....

I didn't refuse to acknowledge them, my question was if you are saying his stance is invalidated because of them.

I'm not saying Kane is a saint, we all know he has done some dumb things, perhaps inexcusable, but to say it's unbelievable that he has to push this agenda is wrong. Maybe he is trying to improve his image but I'm not going about punishing people for good deeds and taking a stand for awareness on issues like this.

7 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

So which racist policies remain so we can set a goal? The biggest issue with this stuff is nobody has come to the table with a reasonable solution. 

Get rid of police - outrageous

Give your house to a minority - outrageous

Loot - outrageous

Give reparations - ask Derek Sanderson what happens when you are given money with no direction

Consider the problem with certain officials working Canucks games.  Many of us have been calling for accountability for years.  Same deal here.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Sooooo.... Postponed game mean this thread is political then? :bigblush:

We can make it political or not

Let's stick to hockey.  I think this is a good break for Nux to rest up. 

40 blocked shot last game. That's a lot of bruises and pain. 

They will need to have similar effort in game 3 to win.