The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

Just now, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

WTF?

Demko are the Canucks serious, that means Markstrom got his 5 year deal. Guaranteed Tanev is not back. 

I don't like giving up a 1st and Demko, if only one of them ok I can live with that.

apparently fake report. 

• Cheers 1

Yeah, I know that's why I thought I'd ask. Didn't make sense. Why would they trade Demko before they signed Markstrom?

So I tried to open it in a new tab to read the whole think but it was strange looking with dead space pretending to be another link. So I just cut out the key part and asked here hoping to find somebody more in the know.

Kind of a dummy though. I could have just gone back to the original account and read the whole thing. Dhaliwal says it's a fake account.

• Cheers 1

Just now, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

WTF?

Demko are the Canucks serious, that means Markstrom got his 5 year deal. Guaranteed Tanev is not back. 

I don't like giving up a 1st and Demko, if only one of them ok I can live with that.

Yeah. I mean. Could you imagine if this was real. Demko AND a first to take off a player who signed 7 years at 8.25 million? WTF. Benning would and should be fired for making a deal like that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I mean. Could you imagine if this was real. Demko AND a first to take off a player who signed 7 years at 8.25 million? WTF. Benning would and should be fired for making a deal like that. 

I had the Canucks trading for OEL and Raanta and letting Markstrom go and Arizona gets Virtanen, Stetcher, Loui Ericksson, 1 of (Olli Juolevi, Jack Rathbone, Jett Woo), Sven Beartschi, Will Lockwood. But Arizona would most likely deal Virtanen and Stetcher for picks as that is what they badly want. 

59 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So we're clear.

We get a league consensus top tier d-man AND a first

And all we need to do is cough up Virtanen and what people claim is Hennings biggest gaffe in Juolevi plus; lose Eriksson?

I'll shine up Benning's gm of the year award!!!

Lets all drive eriksson to the airport 

• Haha 1

I hope Boston gets him because there are better options so to not handcuff this team with an aging player with maybe 3 good years and $8M+ cap hit.

His numbers (stats) aren't anything great...and he will be on the downward side of his career in a few years.

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I hope Boston gets him because there are better options so to not handcuff this team with an aging player with maybe 3 good years and $8M+ cap hit.

His numbers (stats) aren't anything great...and he will be on the downward side of his career in a few years.

Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts on the Miller trade when it happened?

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Arizona should be giving up assets to any team willing to take on this contract; Arizona is asking for assets and gaining cap & monetary relief - ridiculous.   The only team that should be stuck with this contract are the Yotes..

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

You have no idea how good he is, he is still considered the most underrated defenseman in the league and everyone talks about his dip in points but scouts say it's because Tocchet coaching style is different the Tippet. At worst near the end of his contract he will be Edler a 4 and Edler is getting $6 million so not much more and OEL has not missed more then 8 games since 2012-2013 season.

Can you imagine Hughes having the same partner for 7 years! 

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts on the Miller trade when it happened.

Great trade...Miller is a hockey player...25 years old 4 years at $5.25M, power forward (218 Ibs), can play all positions, character guy in the room (liked by his fellow players), production showed he was on the upswing (despite his last year with Tampa playing on the 3rd line), good in the dot, and just entering his prime...this is the kind of player you go for...not OEL at$8M+...need to stay away from him.

also, wanted MT over OJ...they passed on a franchise player - it was a no brainer over OJ ...MT is also a stud.

3 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

You have no idea how good he is, he is still considered the most underrated defenseman in the league and everyone talks about his dip in points but scouts say it's because Tocchet coaching style is different the Tippet. At worst near the end of his contract he will be Edler a 4 and Edler is getting $6 million so not much more and OEL has not missed more then 8 games since 2012-2013 season.

If you asked me if we could trade for a better skating, more durable, 29 year old Edler for maybe not pennies, but dimes or quarters on the dollar...

Edited by aGENT

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yotes couldn't do that either since they still have Raanta and Keumper signed.

They also have a similarly aged goalie in Hill who looks ready to make the jump. Seemed to play well in the NHL games he had this year. He could be their Demko already.

They are probably looking to trade a goalie since both Raanta and Keumper are a bit over 4M.

We could try for Raanta in the deal if Marky walked.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I'm afraid that I know what we are getting if he comes here...and it won't end well.

• Like 1