The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Ok, but, cost us the series? 
Maybe you’re just venting. 

No, not venting. Just being critical assessing his performances.

He’s been a no-show and supposed to be one of our primary goal scoring options. He hasn’t done that thus the Canucks have lacked to goals to kill games.

• Wat 1

I believe the turning point in this game was, 3rd. period, Canucks ahead 3-2, Virtanen set up 10' directly in front, misses the net, Vegas goes down the ice and scores.  That just sucked the life out of the Canucks, instead of 4-2 it's 3-3.  However, to be realistic, Vegas is the better team, is winning the majority of the puck battles and deserves to be ahead. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

They're coached better. Gets more out of their players. Guys that are complete no names play great hockey for them. That's just great coaching. Who the &^@# is Whitehead??? Who the &^@# is Chandler Stephenson? They're running train on our team. 

Goes both ways though.  I'm sure St. Louis fans were asking "Who is Tyler Motte?"

• Vintage 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"There’s no quit in this team, we’ve been working all season for this and we’re not going to back down without a battle. It’s frustrating now, so we just have to focus on next game." - Pettersson

his giving me hope 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I know you absorb a lot of hostility from your comments on coaching, but a lot of actual hockey people on here leave you alone for the most part because you have a point. 

Once the playoffs are over, let’s make a thread to discuss team coaching. 

It was the biggest single factor in this series 

but I agree it needs to be discussed 

the fact Baumer does not encourage the high clear or frankly an icing given our faceoff win percentage is beyond me 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Need to cut the dead weight and fill in the gaps in the off season.  Hopefully Juolevi and Rathbone can shore up our D.  I hate to say it but Tanev is more of a #5 D man now.  What a warrior!  He will be elsewhere next year.

Two rookie dman can't carry the mail next year.

They need a legit top 4 vet.

Myers needs to sit. He's still banged up. He was brutal.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

He is trying his butt off and frustrated with himself 

pouting? 

Give your head a shake 

he is frankly a great example for his teammates 

yet another person who has never stepped on the ice posting like a champ 

Trying to justify his hate of the Miller trade, always pounces on any of Edler’s mistakes to justify his hate for him too. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Ferlands_Head said:

VGK is just an ugly team in general. Pacioretty, Stone, Lehner, Reaves, Schmidt, Stastny, Stephenson, Carrier, Dansk. 

they don’t have beauties like the Canucks. 

Hey hey, Schmidt isn't that ugly... .... ...that is all.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

They're coached better. Gets more out of their players. Guys that are complete no names play great hockey for them. That's just great coaching. Who the &^@# is Whitehead??? Who the &^@# is Chandler Stephenson? They're running train on our team. 

No they’ve been a good team for a few years now. Which sucks, should have had to feel some pain like the rest of us. Not sure about Whitehead but he’s playing ahead of some experienced Dman on that team. And Stephenson is a solid player