The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The Vegas Pound

where they picked up all the stray dogs that no one wanted anymore and refuse to address it when they bite

Hate them.  Don't think they're good.  Think they generate a lot of momentum because they have different rules.  All the "big bad" teams get more leniency because "they play that way".

With that, we were in this one until things went boom.  Happened fast.  Too bad because they're cocky as hell and it shuts them up for awhile when we're taking over.  

They are so nauseating to me.  The whole team.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

i give more credit to Mcphee than the coach.  They had a different coach and they made the finals.  They picked up players that were undervalued and have the characteristics that can excel in playoff type games.  Not only that he has improved the team since that run.   Look at Stephenson as an example, did you watch him on Washington's playoff teams.  Hes a warrior.

There's a reason why these guys are undervalued on other teams and come to Vegas and succeed. It's coaching and systems. 

4 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

If not that being 1 of the 2 you were talking about, then what? No idea why you'd think the goalie interference was gifted either

Don’t know what you’re talking about but the high stick was friendly fire.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Meh.

Good effort from the boys but they’re simply outmatched.   This is the first time since our series against Anaheim in 2007 where I’m not going to be bugged if we lose this series.   The Canucks’ heart and effort cannot be questioned here.   Vegas is simply better and there’s no shame in admitting that.  We made significant progress this year and that’s good enough for me.  Anything beyond that is gravy

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

It was the biggest single factor in this series 

but I agree it needs to be discussed 

the fact Baumer does not encourage the high clear or frankly an icing given our faceoff win percentage is beyond me 

Not to disagree to an extent with you in regards of coaching but I disagree with it being the #1 factor.

Vegas is just a better team top to bottom overall. Our bottom 6 hasn't helped offensively and our defense can't handle their speed.

I doubt the world's best coaching staff could push us past Vegas. Roster wise we need to be a bit better in order to have a chance to beat a team like Vegas. Our bottom 6 and perhaps our D do not cut it yet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I said it in the GDT, but Pearson has to be unloaded for us to re-sign Toffoli.  Pearson is a no show in the playoffs.  Toffoli on the other hand is a warrior... To the point of getting in Reaves face.  

Toffoli must be re-signed. his experience alone with 2 cups is much needed for Petey and Hughes.

he got in reaves's face twice too. 

• Cheers 1

Demko should have gotten the start, this reminds of Luongo and Schneider. We will give Markstrom a 5-6yr deal at 6mil or more. Cause we don't want to play a young backup. Really only 10 min for Demko out of 13 games, we will package Demko, with Eriksson for a pick.

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No they’ve been a good team for a few years now. Which sucks, should have had to feel some pain like the rest of us. Not sure about Whitehead but he’s playing ahead of some experienced Dman on that team. And Stephenson is a solid player 

Bottom line, on paper they're not that good of a team. Watching the game is a different story. They play the right way. And they do it consistently. Our team can play the right way, but they're extremely inconsistent. Sutter can be great or super lazy, Virt too, Rouss too... Pretty much everybody. We have probably 5 consistent players on this team. 

• Haha 2

"Very disappointed in the result. Thought we came out a big sluggish... More than one or two guys. Even in the third, we had our looks. Jake has a one-timer right in the slot. They come down and get a bit of a lucky bounce... They found a way to come back and score three. I'm not looking to learn anything about our group, I know we'll come ready to go next game. They're a resilient group and they like to win. We competed hard tonight and I can tell you they'll be ready to go for next game. You don't start worrying about all three games, you just worry about the next game. That's all we'll talk about is winning the next game. They've been in different playoff series over the course of their life, they understand where we're at." - Green

"I don't think it has anything to do with being in the bubble, if that's what you're leading to. We just have to build off what we did tonight and get back to work in Game 5." - Green on no Game 7's so far in the playoffs