The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Gotta find a way to pull the puck off the wall and skate with it damnit.  Trying to make passes in the zone without getting it over the blue line and fumbling the puck is like the most Canuck thing.  Oh well, hope they come out with a good effort in an elimination game and dont just give it away.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Now for the facts ...

Vancouver is bigger than Vegas in terms of height 

Vegas is 9th in the nhl in weight .....mostly due to Lehner 

Vancouver is 12th in the league in terms of weight 

any more excuses? 

it comes down to having a hitting cultue.

the 2011 team had skill and hit everything that moved. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not to disagree to an extent with you in regards of coaching but I disagree with it being the #1 factor.

Vegas is just a better team top to bottom overall. Our bottom 6 hasn't helped offensively and our defense can't handle their speed.

I doubt the world's best coaching staff could push us past Vegas. Roster wise we need to be a bit better in order to have a chance to beat a team like Vegas. Our bottom 6 and perhaps our D do not cut it yet.

Don’t forget how much of those breakdowns have nothing to do with our bottom 6 

I agree our 4th line is weak and needs improvement. We need to move on from Sutter and beagle and probably Roussel 

We had to have quicker shifts and tighter team defense to close out the third. We played so well against St. Louis doing that but it looks like fatigue had everyone watching and not getting into position/tying-up sticks. 

Edited by Blömqvist
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Oh God. Sorry if I think our team is more capable on paper than they play. Also since you're being rude, Reaves is a better player than half our team. He's one of the reasons we're getting killed in this series. 

Reaves is an oaf, for some reason we turn oafs into superstars, leave them alone, ignore them and hit the crap out of the stars and skate away, guaranteed they’ll implode.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Oh God. Sorry if I think our team is more capable on paper than they play. Also since you're being rude, Reaves is a better player than half our team. He's one of the reasons we're getting killed in this series. 

Time to add to the ignore list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Outstanding. Both these young guys, they don't quit. They just keep getting better. Thought that was Quinn's best game of the series. They were a big part of putting us in that spot. I like how they responded." - Green on Pettersson and Hughes

Again F' yeah - there's no quit in Petey or QH43,   Our best players are our youngest players

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Now for the facts ...

any more excuses? 

Coaching sucks?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

Totally agree 

the coaching staff did rates on ice culture 

some of the toughest hitters in this league are not big guys ...  the fact is our team is one of the biggest in the league. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Don’t forget how much of those breakdowns have nothing to do with our bottom 6 

I agree our 4th line is weak and needs improvement. We need to move on from Sutter and beagle and probably Roussel 

Beagle and Roussel are fine could probably move Sutter as the odd man out due to salary though unfortunately 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Now for the facts ...

any more excuses? 

I never said we shouldn't be playing heavier numbnuts, but Vegas is still one of the biggest teams in the league

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

No they didn’t, they had the turn the other cheek culture, we had by far the best team for 3-4 years and apart from a close but no cigar did nothing in the playoffs. I invested in Wrigley’s and made a fortune thanks to AV.

Well, mark that as the hardest loss to watch of the playoffs so far. When Virtanen missed that chance and I heard Pacioretty's name coming back the other way, my heart just sank. Well, the odds are completely stacked against them now, I hope the guys make the rest of this series close. Hopefully Marky can bounce back, and I know Petey's going to keep giving his all. Just gotta hope for the next game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'll take bad hot takes for $1000, Alex. 

• Haha 2