The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It all boils down to mistakes. We made too many. :sick:

That’s about it’s right there. Played a pretty good game overall. It’s not the coach, it’s not Marky (Although he looked tired and not his usual self) or Bo. We made errors and cost us big time 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Beagle and Roussel are fine could probably move Sutter as the odd man out due to salary though unfortunately 

Sutter started off on fire but has slowed considerably as the games and pace up on 

I think we can do without roussel, beagle is no harm but his offensive production has really declined 

• Upvote 1

Talk about penalty calls and everything else all you want, but the Canucks had their chances to seal this game.

Up 3-2, they had 2 PPs where they generated little to no offense. Then there was that point blank Virtanen chance later on as well, on top of Gaudette missing more than a few.

Like JT said in the post-game, they just gotta focus on next game. Take it one game at a time. It's a steep, uphill battle from here on out. It's possible, but it's going to be very tough. Vegas is a giant of a team and has had Vancouver's number for the majority of every season.

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Vegas just the better more experienced team overall and have more scoring depth

They are. But that team wouldn't be what we see today if the league didn't totally rig the expansion draft for the $500 million ransom they got paid.

We're living in a world where you can buy & build your team right out of the box to Stanley Cup.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

There's a reason why these guys are undervalued on other teams and come to Vegas and succeed. It's coaching and systems. 

then thats like saying JT Miler took 3 leaps forward in his career because of the coaching here.   Its more like he was given the opportunity to play a bigger role. 

Many of These key vegas guys that were exposed in the expansion draft were undervalued because in many some cases the GMs that exposed them were dummies.  They have looked the same under both coaches.   McPhee has done a great job picking a roster that plays a certain style and they bring out the best in each other.  If Green was coaching them they still would look good.   

For everyone blaming Green, how far can you get against a legit cup contender when half of your D core consists of Benn, Fantenburg and Stecher...as much as I love their heart and will ....its hard to stack up to the elite teams when you are running half of your d with #6 and #7 guys and your bottom 6 guys have trouble hitting the score sheet.  Our elite kids have been covering up some legit holes on this roster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Beagle and Roussel are fine could probably move Sutter as the odd man out due to salary though unfortunately 

I would be fine with moving Roussel. I think his better days are behind him. Beagle too. We need to limit our "fine" players and add Podkolzin, etc,  in my opinion.

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

Talk about penalty calls and everything else all you want, but the Canucks had their chances to seal this game.

Up 3-2, they had 2 PPs where they generated little to no offense. Then there was that point blank Virtanen chance later on as well, on top of Gaudette missing more than a few.

Like JT said in the post-game, they just gotta focus on next game. Take it one game at a time. It's a steep, uphill battle from here on out. It's possible, but it's going to be very tough. Vegas is a giant of a team and has had Vancouver's number for the majority of every season.

They’ve had our number since they came in to the league. I hate them so much but damn they are a good team. 

I think our team can at least make things interesting hopefully!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

No they didn’t, they had the turn the other cheek culture, we had by far the best team for 3-4 years and apart from a close but no cigar did nothing in the playoffs. I invested in Wrigley’s and made a fortune thanks to AV.

they turned the other cheek when it came to the scrums but the 2011 team punished teams on the forecheck.

the Chicago and SJ series in particular had so many huge hits. 

we had Glass, Rome, Oreskovich, Torres, Lappy, Hansen, Bieksa and Alberts on that team and all of those guys loved to step up. 

no team pushed the 2011 Canuck team around. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Sutter started off on fire but has slowed considerably as the games and pace up on 

I think we can do without roussel, beagle is no harm but his offensive production has really declined 

Beagle and his face off skills really help the possession game, great on the PK and adds a lot in the leadership department. Roussel is a spark for the team, just getting screwed this series with utterly ridiculous misconducts. 

• Upvote 1