Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yeah no doubt. I do have a slight fear Green won't give him an opportunity though. I feel like he's gonna put OJ above him on the pecking order. 

To be fair that might be a Benning suggestion going forward. He was a top 5 pick after all and they both play different side. I quite liked OJ’s game from what I saw with limited minutes against Minny. Excited to see both those players next year whenever that happens, stupid COVID. It’s time we move one or 2 of these guys into the top 6 and develop them into NHL players. Don’t wanna see anymore Jordie Benn type signings (Nothing against him) but we gotta younger and eventually a lot better on defence 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They just have a better team overall. No Leivo/Ferland is showing this series.

It looks that way, true.  And their record suggests it. 

Funny though: they have an awful lot of players that wouldn't make the Canucks.  And no Pettersson or Hughes caliber players. 

So why are they better?  Better balance/depth? Better D? No super bad contracts (such as our LE) so more money for more depth?  To me, their success is a bit of a mystery.

23 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Whichever team that knocks Vegas out of the playoffs will become my 2nd favorite team automatically. I can't stand the stinky Bettman smell all over that intolerable team from my TV screen.

Of course, my beloved Canucks still have a chance to do just that. :metal:

Me too.

Reaves is the ultimate asshat.  I've seen in the warm ups that he does the same water bottle routine as Stech...makes me wonder if he's mocking him.  Just a guess...but twice now there have been pictures of him. What a bottom feeder. He just seems like a big dumb dork straight out of high school bullying 101.  It's one thing to play a bit of head games/trash talk.  He goes dirt low and it's just a bad look all around.

They usually have a bunch of pictures of him on the bench, not tonight. Guess the clownery baby lips routine doesn't look good on the NHL. A grown man behaving like a 7 year old....glad TG told him to...get lost.  He's a real prize.

The NHLWWE is in full swing.  I'd rather watch a skilled group play hockey than a bunch of neanderthals goon their way there through the officials.

Hate them.  They're not good, they've got good things on their side.  When they were losing they looked...average. A lucky bounce here and there.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I’d rather have beagle than sutter.  

Everyday of the week. It’s a great 4th line center. It’s our third line that’s seriously lacking. Although we are still trying to develop a couple players there.

A more developed MacEwen and Motte. I’d be ok with that as a 4th line 

Edited by Devron44
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Actually he has both size and speed 

he would be a factor when people start running around 

he is in our plans, timing and covid rules did not work for this year. We will have him after this next khl season 

It's like you don't even remember his time here before Russia. At all. His nastly claim to fame was an accident.

• Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1

2 minutes ago, gameburn said:

It looks that way, true.  And their record suggests it. 

Funny though: they have an awful lot of players that wouldn't make the Canucks.  And no Pettersson or Hughes caliber players. 

So why are they better?  Better balance/depth? Better D? No super bad contracts (such as our LE) so more money for more depth?  To me, their success is a bit of a mystery.

looking at their roster and youre thinking.. ahhh nothing special but then when you watch them play... wtf

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Where do you get this from. Tryamkin hasn't had a nasty day in his life. Some people act like he's Chara-lite when he's 60% oh Hal Gill. 

Really? He was super heavy on the boards when he played with us. You don't remember him fighting? It's usually because he'd hound guys on the walls haha. He'll never stand you up at the blue but he was super heavy on the boards. 

• Burr 1

11 minutes ago, shazzam said:

looking at their roster and youre thinking.. ahhh nothing special but then when you watch them play... wtf

Momentum's a huge thing in this game of speed.  A team that can free wheel, interfere and basically do whatever has that on their side.  They get away with a whole lot of stuff...it's playoffs, but it's also cheating.

If they were called like Myers has been, they'd be a sad sack team in the box.  Average at best.

Our team's been able to keep them on their heels at times and it's  not a runaway like some speak of.

5 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Wow, DeBoer’s ‘depth‘ comment is a little offside and premature if you ask me. While it probably is true, you don’t rub salt in wounds... especially when the series is not over. 

Just the fuel our ‘depth’ needs. Hope Pete’s comments come back to bite him in the butt! 

I mean, he ain't wrong. It's clear they are using that depth too. Cuthbert mentioned, like twice, that their top 6 is playing much less than ours. 

13 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I have learned I need to avoid reading Twitter posts about the Canucks. They hate Jake Virtanen more than CDC does. 

Tyler Myers too

29 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Actually no. Tryamkin is not the saviour you seek. He's big, but he's a 6/7 Dman at best.  

People think they hate Myers. Lol.

Yep, he's like a mythical creature around here when, really, the best thing he had was his wingspan/reach. He used his stick more than his body from what I remember (and I saw him play live a few times).  He wasn't using his size a whole lot in relation to physicality.  He could skate pretty good for a big man though...had fairly decent agility.  But I remember him using his wide stance, skating backwards and using his stick, reach and positioning more than going at guys with big hits.  Sometimes, sure...but it wasn't his MO.

• Hydration 2

17 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Actually he has both size and speed 

he would be a factor when people start running around 

he is in our plans, timing and covid rules did not work for this year. We will have him after this next khl season 

lol, he sucks, he couldn't even make a starting line up with Hutton, Larsen, Biega, and Pouliot on it.

He's absolute trash, he is not in our plans.

• Haha 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Tyler Myers too

Actually seen his name a lot too. I really like Myers game though, even with him getting a bit winded due to long time off. Twitter be wacky man.

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, Green Building said:

It's like you don't even remember his time here before Russia. At all. His nastly claim to fame was an accident.

And you clearly have not followed him since 

he was a young guy and still is but changed his game significantly 

guess players don’t develop in your world 

• Hydration 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Actually seen his name a lot too. I really like Myers game though, even with him getting a bit winded due to long time off. Twitter be wacky man.

I thought he was really good too, maybe till the 3rd. We've missed him.

And amen to that, Twitter is one wacky place.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol, he sucks, he couldn't even make a starting line up with Hutton, Larsen, Biega, and Pouliot on it.

He's absolute trash, he is not in our plans.

JB says otherwise 

good thing you are not the gm 

by the way Willie .... all I need to mention 

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, shazzam said:

100% IMO it's cause they were able to hand pick the perfect players to play their system. Their entire lineup plays with speed and are really skilled at puck pursuit. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

Really? He was super heavy on the boards when he played with us. You don't remember him fighting? It's usually because he'd hound guys on the walls haha. He'll never stand you up at the blue but he was super heavy on the boards. 

Fighting? He disliked fighting and said that wasn't part of his game. A big boy that doesn't play big can still appear big. I don't remeber him hitting much or playing that hard-nosed type of game at all.  

Look, if he signs here that's great and I'll welcome him to camp, but I don't have the same romantacized version of the guy others do.

• Hydration 2

Was an entertaining game, but a disappointing result.
We need to do better at getting pucks out of our own end.
Pettersson was all over the ice. Looking forward to when he matures.

Our bottom 6 needs to step up.

• Hydration 2