The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's not coming back. He will be 27 years old, and will be at a point where he will want to get paid to come to the NHL.

He's had 79 games in two seasons, and 11 points. He's going to want the moon, and the NHL will be very different when he looks at coming back.

He's going to stay in the KHL. He's closed the door, he just hasn't locked it. 

It's unfortunate as he seems to like the Canucks and follow the Canuck while still in Russia etc.

Not sure what happened with the last round of negotiations however and whether he still feesls the same way

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

It's unfortunate as he seems to like the Canucks and follow the Canuck while still in Russia etc.

Not sure what happened with the last round of negotiations however and whether he still feesls the same way

I think it has a lot to do with next season won't be until December so he will have 6 months where he won't get paid. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's not coming back. He will be 27 years old, and will be at a point where he will want to get paid to come to the NHL.

He's had 79 games in two seasons, and 11 points. He's going to want the moon, and the NHL will be very different when he looks at coming back.

He's going to stay in the KHL. He's closed the door, he just hasn't locked it. 

We'll get him back probably at the end of the KHL season.Their last regular season game is on Feb 27 2021. He'll still be 26. He'll likely sign a show me contract of 2-3 M which I think JB will do.

His intention was to play here, and I still think it is. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Corona virus, flat cap, signing Rathbone and general uncertainty.

• Cheers 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Someone put it into perspective for me.

So if we'd won this one and lost the next, would we still be feeling like "it's over"?  No.  We'd feel that this team could fight back.  

I still do.  Screw Vegas.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Agrees. Our inability to break the Vegas cycle is very evident. They are spending .multiple shifts in our end and they is a recipe to lose.

Yes those long shifts in our end were/are killer. You could feel a goal coming on. Clear the one! Ice it!! I was yelling.

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree. I don't think we're coming back. Maybe they can win one more game. But that's it. They're not going to win three in a row against Vegas. 

I hate Vegas as much as I hate Boston. But Vegas more because they're so good too early. Goddamn it NHL - it looks bush league when you have an expansion team making it to the finals twice in three years. That's just utterly crazy. 

I hope Tampa Bay rips Vegas apart. GO LIGHTNING GO!

If they win it all I'm gonna be sick. I'm basically on the anyone but Vegas train at this point. 

I hope Dallas or Colorado can knock em out so I can actually enjoy the final. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Devron44 said:

We don’t have a heavy team. Get over it 

The heavy team were sitting in the stands ......

MacEwen: 6'4 and 211 lbs

Bailey: 6'4 and 210

Graovac: 6'5 and 210

Juolevi: 6'3 and 198

Brisebois: 6'3 and 189

Rafferty: 6'2 and 195

Green is as stubborn as Willie

Edited by Googlie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Someone put it into perspective for me.

So if we'd won this one and lost the next, would we still be feeling like "it's over"?  No.  We'd feel that this team could fight for it.  

I still do.  Screw Vegas.

Last year San Jose did it. Came back from a 3-1 deficit.

Against Las Vegas :bigblush:

We've overcome a 3-1 deficit before against the Blues, Jets and Flames.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

There's always "a chance", even if a very slim one.

I remember the BC Lions going 1-6 (about 1/3 of the season) and everyone saying they were done.  They were trash.  Then they turned it around and won 9 out of the next 10 games.  Everyone jumped back on the bandwagon just in time to see them win the grey cup.

A huge hill to climb, but it ain't over till it's over.  There's a reason they take it one game at a time and don't look beyond that.

Just now, Googlie said:

Juolevi don't play heavy.  Stecher has more fight in him than Juolevi.

This is *NOT* a knock against Juolevi...only highlighting that has little to do with his game.  

17 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If they win it all I'm gonna be sick. I'm basically on the anyone but Vegas train at this point. 

I hope Dallas or Colorado can knock em out so I can actually enjoy the final. 

They're arrogant fools.  The way they conduct themselves does NOT look good on hockey.  Bawking baby lips and instagram rants.  They have to double team a rookie half the size of them and do so using some questionable tactics.   They're loose cannons and on the ice they get to practice some of that at will.  Reaves does little more than run around looking to play after the whistles.  They do have some great players, but their MO is cocky and above the law.  When they're winning, they're on top of the world and when they're losing, they start showing their desperate dirty side.  Can't stand them.  Not because they're beating us...because how they're beating us.  Trying to take out Petey and Quinn every chance they get to try to remove them from the game rather than face them in it.  Using Roussel as a deflection by riling him up and making the refs somehow miss their end of things.  They're punks.

I'm still not packing it in with our team yet.  Screw dirty Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There's always "a chance", even if a very slim one.

I remember the BC Lions going 1-6 (about 1/3 of the season) and everyone saying they were done.  They were trash.  Then they turned it around and won 9 out of the next 10 games.  Everyone jumped back on the bandwagon just in time to see them win the grey cup.

A huge hill to climb, but it ain't over till it's over.  There's a reason they take it one game at a time and don't look beyond that.

Totally.

If you told any fan at the beginning of the season that we would be fighting in the 2nd round of the playoffs against Vegas down 3 games to 1 everyone would take it... invaluable experience at the very minimum 

Biggest game of the year tomorrow :towel:

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Rafferty: 6'2 and 195

Even in football coaches adjust and put in team Jumbo line ups on the goal line.

In hockey I would say it's comparable to the crease and slot area. 

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They're arrogant fools.  The way they conduct themselves does NOT look good on hockey.  Bawking baby lips and instagram rants.  They have to double team a rookie half the size of them and do so using some questionable tactics.   They're loose cannons and on the ice they get to practice some of that at will.  Reaves does little more than run around looking to play after the whistles.  They do have some great players, but their MO is cocky and above the law.  When they're winning, they're on top of the world and when they're losing, they start showing their desperate dirty side.  Can't stand them.  Not because they're beating us...because how they're beating us.  Trying to take out Petey and Quinn every chance they get to try to remove them from the game rather than face them in it.  Using Roussel as a deflection by riling him up and making the refs somehow miss their end of things.  They're punks.

I'm still not packing it in with our team yet.  Screw dirty Vegas.

There's def gonna be a rivalry that comes of this. Is both teams didn't care for each other on the ice before, it ain't gonna be any better after this.

I hope we light em up for years. 

• Vintage 1