The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

OK so I'm just gonna throw this out here: I think Loui needs to be back with Pearson and Bo tomorrow. 

Be gentle. 

I kind of agree. 

But I don't know what the answer is... Not enough talent, or that awful d zone coverage... Sigh

Edited by DS4quality
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

OK so I'm just gonna throw this out here: I think Loui needs to be back with Pearson and Bo tomorrow. 

Be gentle. 

He's probably more effecitve defensively than Gaudette has been offensiively.   Tough assignment for Gaudette to step into center in this series.  But not sure Green has a choice - Miller i has obviously been unable to do more than spot duty, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the only veteran center we have limping.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

He's probably more effecitve defensively than Gaudette has been offensiively.   Tough assignment for Gaudette to step into center in this series.  But not sure Green has a choice - Miller i has obviously been unable to do more than spot duty, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the only veteran center we have limping.

Notably,  in game 4, Sutter didn't take a faceoff (he won 8 of 10 on Saturday, so something is amiss).   Gaudette did ok in the circle yesterday, winning 5 of 8 after winning just 1 of 4 on Saturday, so his improvement came at just the right time.  But something ails Sutter, in addition to Miller's wrist hampering him.

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

he also seems to bring the best offensive game out of Pearson when they're together. 

1 hour ago, igorwasgreat said:

If we start making the playoffs consistently, Vegas will always be in our way , Vegas is to this team what Chicago was  to the last. Thankfully without the “ Chelsea Dagger”

Yeah but the difference is that their core is older and we are younger, unlike last time (our core was older compared to Chicago's core).

The reason why we are all so excited about Petey and Hughes is that they are still few years away from their prime years but are already playing like a top 10-15 player in their respective positions. 

I'm not too worried about Vegas.

5 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah but the difference is that their core is older and we are younger, unlike last time (our core was older compared to Chicago's core).

The reason why we are all so excited about Petey and Hughes is that they are still few years away from their prime years but are already playing like a top 10-15 player in their respective positions. 

Me either.....Goaltending could be a problem for Vancouver though. Marky ain't getting younger.

I am more worried about the Coil and Avalanche.

Also Vancouver needs to clean up their D it's bad.

I don't care about individuals however I don't think it's balanced.

Edited by Chris12345

26 minutes ago, khay said:

Yep, Vegas is at their peak and will come down in a year or two and then enter the inevitable long rebuild period all expansion team go through.  We will be spanking them for the next decade very soon.

And frankly, we are already a top 4 team in the west by virtue of being in the second round with a core that is not even close to their prime. We will be fine. The future is bright and frankly, getting the three month off might actually be more of a benefit giving our boys time to heal and actually practice and refine their skills as opposed to a potentially quick one month turnaround to next season.

Whomever wins the cup this year is going to have a miserable season if everything goes according to plan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

bottom defense pairing needs to be upgraded. If tryamkin signs he will be a big part and he will return the hitting favour. Some one like brendan dillon can be a nice partner. I love troy but size is a big issue. Playoff games are won by bottom 6 and defensive efforts and we have worst bottom 6 and not the best defense.

Edler era should come to and end as well, dude has been a wall for decade for us but time to move on and find an upgrade.

Eriksson and sutter needs to be traded as well, and we will prob loose demko as sweetner or to seattle. We need another forechecker or 2 like motte, relentless work effort. Hate mark stone but he is a damn good defensive forward.