The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I get we are getting valuable experience but some things are unforgivable 

- too many men 

- d zone complete breakdowns 

- one period of physical play 

our players are maturing and we have prospects coming but Green and his staff have to go 

we play like it’s a tire fire and we play soft 

We don’t have a heavy team. Get over it 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Alright so I’m being realistic here,

I don’t see us winning 3 in a row against Vegas. This does NOT mean that I am giving up on this team because that would never ever happen, I’m just looking at the situation. Situation meaning Marky is exhausted and having to play all remaining games because they’re elimination, including a back-to-back, its going to take a toll on him and while he is a professional for sure, at one point exhaustion gets to anyone. On top of that, Vegas is a really really good team and I can’t see them losing three in a row, I can see Lehner stealing them a game since he’s had a break. Obviously I could be wrong, and I truly hope I am wrong because nothing would make me happier, but in my mind I consider this series to be over. I see us winning game 5, but losing in game 6. Again I could be wrong, but whatever happens, just know that I am incredibly proud of these boys. 

Well CDC don’t cancel me or consider me a bandwagoner because y’all know I’m not. Goodnight folks, I’ll see you all on Tuesday! 

Vegas did lose 3 in a row last year wink wink nudge nudge.

So I’m saying there’s a chance

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

snatched defeat in the jaws of victory. 

we could've ended the damn game if they friggin showed urgency on the late PP in the 2nd period when we were up by a goal!

the Knights got the lucky bounces tonight but i thought we played better than them..

this team needs finish and speed. I want to see Josh Bailey slot in for Roussel, he's been absolutely useless in this series.

bold move but probably wont happen is to play Demko next game to get the guys ready to play. They've relied on Marky to steal games for them too much we need the get the guys on their toes playing infront of Demko.

• Like 1

Just now, pluralsight said:

It's a long shot, but Vegas was up 3-1 in last year's playoffs, choked and lost. The Canucks have the most series wins after being down 3-1 (with 3). The most of any team in the four major leagues in North America (tied with the Boston Red Sox). 

I don't think we have the scoring depth and Marky has to play lights out in a heavy schedule.

Just now, Jaimito said:

yup.  That's how come backs are made

nux trailed blues 3-1 in 2003.  They came back and won the series

1994 down to flames 3-1, came back and won  

Blues also had the team flu and the flames were a bunch of bums.

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

yup.  That's how come backs are made

nux trailed blues 3-1 in 2003.  They came back and won the series

1994 down to flames 3-1, came back and won  

win gm7 plan parade

This is when we start to take it one game at a time. We’ve dug ourselves into a hole down 3-1 in this series. It’s not over by no means but it’s going to be tough. The team needs to be better. Marky can’t steal them all. Our young guns need to step it up a notch. All in all, no matter what happens, I’m proud of the boys and what we’ve been able to accomplish. It’s been a fun and wild run and I’m hoping it continues. GCG! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

didnt think Markey was the problem for the loss

ice was tilted in the early third. 

He should of stopped a few of the goals.  They went through him.  Through the five hole or through the arm.  I think there were 3.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2