The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, drdeath said:

I think we’re gonna need another pause in play. Do your stuff America. 

Honestly - I don't think the pause helped the Canucks - we had momentum coming out of game 2.  Game 3 sucked after the 1st period.  This game was much better but still not great.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Petey40 said:

I think it’s more the bottom 6 that needs work rather than Green. They couldn’t capitalize when they needed to and it cost us. Vegas runs 3 really good lines that can score and 1 okay line. Canucks run 2 really good lines and 2 mediocre lines that haven’t been able to score. Ohwell it is what it is. We’re in the second round and that’s awesome so I think Green deserves at least one more year and hopefully Benning Canucks sure up the bottom 6 to add more scoring. 

No matter how you slice it and no matter what line it is we are lost in our own end 

it’s terrible and it’s been that way all year 

not only our d men. The entire team defensive zone play is a mess 

look at what DeBoer put in with Vegas 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

If this is a measuring stick for the organization going forward I think that they have to improve the D and overall team toughness.  Vegas has the dirtbags needed to wear you down, administer borderline cheapshots, and basically btch slap you .... frustrating watching our top 6 players and QH get worked game after game and their stars basically skate around like its an exhibition game.

As exciting as it was in watching the Canucks defeat the defending Stanley Cup champions, these playoffs is the necessary experience EP and Hughes etc need. But they'll get there. Vegas is the measuring stick in what changes this team needs to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

They got some lucky bounces and we didn't.

A puck in off a skate and a crossbar could have been the difference.

Vegas isn't all that the worshippers claim they are.  I see a team getting gifted a whole lot of get of jail free cards that help them build momentum.

We played just as well.  Screw them. 

They are the boston of the west nhl doesn't pay attention to anything they do and it gets annoying.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Vegas is the new Boston. Can't believe that call on Roussel compared to what they were allowing Vegas to get away with. Complete prison rules for one side.

That said the refs weren't the reason we lost, just frustrating though.

Canucks carrying the play then Sutter fails us on an easy clear yet again. Then they get a few lucky breaks.

Canucks had two gift power plays late in the second and did nothing with them. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

We should have a heavy team though. Beagle, Sutter, Bo, Virt, Roussel are all players that can and should play heavy but they choose not to. The team is literally built on paper to be a grinding team. They just don't play that way. 

Frustrating since when they play with sandpaper they generate tons of chances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

Honestly - I don't think the pause helped the Canucks - we had momentum coming out of game 2.  Game 3 sucked after the 1st period.  This game was much better but still not great.

It didn’t help them at all. It broke all their momentum but now they need to break Vegas’ momentum 

1 minute ago, goog16 said:

I would play Demko next game as he played Vegas well during the season.Marky has played well at times in the last 2 games but Vegas goalies have been far better!! He looks tired...

He looked tired in the third but was lights out in the first 2 

he got us here 

this is his playoffs to finish 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Or he could've stopped all the shots and had a shutout.  We don't know until the game is played.  We're overplaying Markstrom.  He plays well with rest, and we should know that from the regular season.

whatever, you are the nhl coach, know everything in advance after the game is over. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

We should have a heavy team though. Beagle, Sutter, Bo, Virt, Roussel are all players that can and should play heavy but they choose not to. The team is literally built on paper to be a grinding team. They just don't play that way. 

We just don’t have the team to match Vegas. We are talented and a pretty resilient team but Vegas has a better team. They’re deeper

• Upvote 2

Awwwww crap.

Vegas is really good at knocking down passes, frustrating.

Our boys tried, effort was there. I don’t think playing last night is an excuse. 

Brock with a great effort tonight. Pretty much everyone gave it. Welcome back Myers.

I do think the team is emotionally spent. First playoffs is tough. First playoffs in a bubble is tougher. And then first playoffs, in a bubble, and suddenly becoming worldly spokes people for BLM can weigh very heavy on a 20+ year old. When I was 21 I was in college, not in an intense Atmosphere like this. I tip a frothy beer to the guys for everything they’ve accomplished so far is such conditions.

Last game someone thought Miller must be playing injured. I agree he’s not shooting.

Go Canucks!!!

I still believe!!!

• Upvote 3