The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 30, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, b3. said:

Frustrating since when they play with sandpaper they generate tons of chances.

Exactly. They show us 1 out of every 5 games this ability and we absolutely murder the other team when they do. When the bottom six just plays to the fundamentals they basically steal games for us. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

No matter how you slice it and no matter what line it is we are lost in our own end 

it’s terrible and it’s been that way all year 

not only our d men. The entire team defensive zone play is a mess 

look at what DeBoer put in with Vegas 

I know you absorb a lot of hostility from your comments on coaching, but a lot of actual hockey people on here leave you alone for the most part because you have a point. 

Once the playoffs are over, let’s make a thread to discuss team coaching. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

Anyone know where Tanner Pearson has gone? He's been invisible all series. 

Pretty much everybody is invisible except the top 6.. even Boeser been bad, i know he’s trying but not sure how he can play this bad offensively 

8 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Imagine us seeing how Miller pouts on the ice...how we feel...I wonder how his team mates feel.

He is trying his butt off and frustrated with himself 

pouting? 

Give your head a shake 

he is frankly a great example for his teammates 

yet another person who has never stepped on the ice posting like a champ 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

No matter how you slice it and no matter what line it is we are lost in our own end 

it’s terrible and it’s been that way all year 

not only our d men. The entire team defensive zone play is a mess 

look at what DeBoer put in with Vegas 

For sure their D zone needs work, but besting Vegas in a 7 game series was a long shot and even you should be able to admit that. They’re a better team and very deep.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

We just don’t have the team to match Vegas. We are talented and a pretty resilient team but Vegas has a better team. They’re deeper

They're coached better. Gets more out of their players. Guys that are complete no names play great hockey for them. That's just great coaching. Who the &^@# is Whitehead??? Who the &^@# is Chandler Stephenson? They're running train on our team. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

As exciting as it was in watching the Canucks defeat the defending Stanley Cup champions, these playoffs is the necessary experience EP and Hughes etc need. But they'll get there. Vegas is the measuring stick in what changes this team needs to do.

agree.  one of the other holes I see is that only one of the top 4 d men is really capable of generating offence.  Hughes is so good at the break out passes and generating passes/assists it kind of masks the fact that Edler/Tanev/Stech really dont generate much.  

12 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Alright so I’m being realistic here,

I don’t see us winning 3 in a row against Vegas. This does NOT mean that I am giving up on this team because that would never ever happen, I’m just looking at the situation. Situation meaning Marky is exhausted and having to play all remaining games because they’re elimination, including a back-to-back, its going to take a toll on him and while he is a professional for sure, at one point exhaustion gets to anyone. On top of that, Vegas is a really really good team and I can’t see them losing three in a row, I can see Lehner stealing them a game since he’s had a break. Obviously I could be wrong, and I truly hope I am wrong because nothing would make me happier, but in my mind I consider this series to be over. I see us winning game 5, but losing in game 6. Again I could be wrong, but whatever happens, just know that I am incredibly proud of these boys. 

Well CDC don’t cancel me or consider me a bandwagoner because y’all know I’m not. Goodnight folks, I’ll see you all on Tuesday! 

Apricot you are being realistic. The Canucks have come back being down 3-1 vs Winnipeg and Calgary but Vegas is a strong team.  It will be tough. 

PS.  I'm pretty hammered and this took twice as long for me to type as it should have

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think Markstrom played bad, but I never did see that key save that fired up the bench.

Roussel  is a waste of space to keep playing in this series . He’s really fired up Vegas and the refs are focused on him. 

The Canucks played a good second period tonight.

Just now, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Need to cut the dead weight and fill in the gaps in the off season.  Hopefully Juolevi and Rathbone can shore up our D.  I hate to say it but Tanev is more of a #5 D man now.  What a warrior!  He will be elsewhere next year.

No Rafferty?????