The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

Just saw this on Fansided (snicker, snicker)

The Boston Bruins are leaving the Stanley Cup Playoffs much earlier than they wanted.

For many NHL teams, making the playoffs and going on a deep run would be considered a success. However, for a team like the Boston Bruins, who finished the season with 100 points and the President’s Trophy, losing in the second round does not sit well.  :bigblush:

3 minutes ago, T-Bo said:

Just saw this on Fansided (snicker, snicker)

The Boston Bruins are leaving the Stanley Cup Playoffs much earlier than they wanted.

For many NHL teams, making the playoffs and going on a deep run would be considered a success. However, for a team like the Boston Bruins, who finished the season with 100 points and the President’s Trophy, losing in the second round does not sit well.  :bigblush:

Tough without your #1 goalie

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You cannot state what is deliberate or not.  You are not them nor inside their heads/intentions.

It's not about thinking "I'll go do something dirty now".  Some players have a nasty edge and it is very appropriate to call out players who have  that as their game rather than just as moments where passion and intensity result in stuff that's over the line.  Some do it in reaction and it's different than headhunters.

I have every right to be angry at the Marchands/Reaves who seem to really love the fact that they're getting away with stuff that others maybe aren't.  They mock and go full onlick/bawk/baby lip crap.  It's not a matter of just doing something in the heat of the moment...they go instigate this stuff.

Yes, Roussel is one of them but he gets called on it.  Tightly.  The other guys get away with it so why can't that upset us?  It does.

This is the elite of hockey players. 

Plus I am used to watch people try to hide what their doing. 

It's easy with children but a bit harder with grown ups. B)

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I've been watching the Van media get it wrong forever.

I expect them to get it wrong, a solid majority of the time.  I know that may sound harsh - but it's more a matter of observation over time.

They're not professionals.  Sorry to say, but it's the hard truth.  I don't mean every last one of them - but I do meant the most vocal gaggle of attention-seekers and pretenders - they don't verify sources, they rarely if ever have information/relationships to management that they pretend, they make all kinds of claims that turn out to be false/fabricated/received by bogus sources/imaginary.... Spend enough time in Trades, Rumours, Signings and you learn to wait on the truth.

I agree with everything you said here except how dare you apologize for saying it like it is. For decades the media in this city has been toxic and especially at TSN1040 where they remain salty for losing the Canucks broadcast rights. I just laugh at the so called “reporting” that’s coming from that station. They make a negative poll question every afternoon. “Where is Brock being traded” “What’s the most toxic part of Vancouver being a hockey market” with the answer being the media:rolleyes: and “Has Jake played his last game as a Canuck” anyways old news never apologize for calling it as it is and the media hasn’t done any favors for this team or the fan base, in my opinion they are a part of the problem.Too many Pratt’s ,Gallagher’s,Patterson’s trying to be the next Neil Mcray and go against the grain of reporting for the team. Cheers man and I cannot agree more with your post!

• Cheers 1

Well, let's cheer our guys on. They have battled hard and deserve our respect. I predicted two rounds in the prediction thread, but I was hoping for more. It's still possible.

Only one drink before the game.

wine cheers GIF

Canucks win 5-2.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Confirmed? Or did Mr. Booth hack Murph’s account, too?

If evil TSN reports it it's fake news but when the right holding darling SN reports it it's the cold hard truth.  Or maybe that troll didn't troll anyone but himself as there were rumblings about this as early as 9pm last night.

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think Murph is screwing with us after the earlier troll job. I’m under the impression that no one knows who will be the starter tonight other than Green.

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm not convinced they are.

Head games.

TG the poker player.

Keep them guessing.

Bingo.  Starting Demko now makes very little sense unless Markstrom is injured.  Green and co. may as well try to mess the Knights up but they would be pretty gullible to fall for it.  Green has always ridden Markstrom when a win is needed.