The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

11 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Actually, you can, but only if that player is a listed Black Ace who has been isolating per league protocol but outside the bubble.  That's how the Av's dressed their backup last night.  At least that's how I understood it.

Only applies to goaltenders.  DiPietro is part of the 31 players available and in phase 4 protocol but his bubble is in Vancouver.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Bold call with Vegas pulling their goalie in a 1 - 1 game.......hope you're right.

Well spotted. But let's think outside the box (or the trapezoid). The net might be empty, but Vegas had maybe NOT pulled their goal tender. Send in your scenarios for this to occur.

6 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Tonight it’s ride or die and I couldn’t be more proud of the heart and growth of this team. We have our core intact and just need to get rid of the stopgap contracts as the new prospects get sprinkled in. This will be like game 5 against St Louis where we come out of the second period guns a blazing balls to the wall never say die attitude.

I want to thank all of the posters on here with their insight, jokes and stories that I can relate being a die hard fan. You make it even more enjoyable watching the games and being more engaged. You guys make it seem normal to be invested in a team that you have no power or control over but love just as strong as family and friends. Just a big Canuck Family in here. Happy to spend it with you guys and gals!

If this is indeed our last ride for the 2020 season it’s been a slice and I knew meaningful games in April was a thing but meaningful games in September?! Let’s go and make this as hard on Vegas as we can. Go Canucks Go! 

Lastly... who would’ve thought we would still be in season while the two finalists for last year are golfing? I’d call you bat$€!+ crazy! So proud of this team! 

1331D1AD-E968-4A14-987E-9B12A9FCA275.gif

Good wishes right back at you. Let's get this one. Cheers!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Well spotted. But let's think outside the box (or the trapezoid). The net might be empty, but Vegas had maybe NOT pulled their goal tender. Send in your scenarios for this to occur.

The referee puts up his hand to call a penalty. Fleury mistakenly thinks that Sutherland must be calling the penalty on Vancouver. Fleury races to the bench as Demko smiles at Reaves and tosses the puck down the ice into the empty net.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, wloutet said:

That actually happened with Stalock this season.  He went to the bench in the middle of the game thinking there was a delayed penalty although there was none.  The net was empty for maybe 10 seconds.  

Edited by mll

3 minutes ago, fantastico said:

Should have played Demko in the back to back, have faith in the kid but pretty tough way to make a start. Green should have done better on goalie management anyone that follows this team knows Markstrom needs breaks. Go Canucks Go

Unless you win a cup everything in hockey is “should have”

• Cheers 2