The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VGK @ Canucks - GAME 6 - Sept 3 2020 - 6:45PM Pacific - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

16 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Actually treadmills are better for you as they absorb some of that harmful impact to your knees, lower back and hips. They also keep you honest when it comes to speed and time as running outside can subconsciously be at a slower pace and you wouldn’t know it.

With my running routine a run for 35 minutes no matter what.  However far I go in that time is however far I go.  I can then check time at certain points (or distance at certain times) to see if I'm at a slower or quicker pace.  I've done that since University and I find it really helps with that subconscious slow pace.  Heh, which is real, because it totally feels like I run faster at night, but I know with how far ago that it isn't always the case.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya theres 6 players on team with no points not counting juolevi or ferland  hes getting more chances than  sutter roussel beagle pearson or gaudette at monent thats why hes getting top 6  playing time   you cant tell me virtanen is doing bad when  other players are    doing worse  its a double standard 

B73CC788-4407-435B-89AA-BBEDE82EF0B9.png

It’s not a double standard, different players have different roles.

take beagle for example, I couldn’t give a crap if he never getA another point for the Canucks, providing that he is doing his defensive duties. 

Jake should be scoring or generating chances, if he was taking shots and Other were potting rebounds it would be fine, but he is neither generating much offence or scoring, or contributing on defence.

he started to play well during the end of the STL series, created his own chances, hustled on the forecheck well, currently he isn’t doing much 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

You would think that but remember Dallas and Colorado play game seven tomorrow as well. Still hard to believe that Gary wouldn’t want his pet project  (VGK) playing at a good time tomorrow though.

Yea good point. Both from the west in Edmonton. I’m gonna guess a 3 and 7 start times or 5 and 9 maybe. 

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

With my running routine a run for 35 minutes no matter what.  However far I go in that time is however far I go.  I can then check time at certain points (or distance at certain times) to see if I'm at a slower or quicker pace.  I've done that since University and I find it really helps with that subconscious slow pace.  Heh, which is real, because it totally feels like I run faster at night, but I know with how far ago that it isn't always the case.

I run a 10 k three days a week and play drop in soccer once a week ( no social distancing 11 aside full field ! ) . Not sure if I could ever run on a treadmill.

1 minute ago, falcons said:

I run a 10 k three days a week and play drop in soccer once a week ( no social distancing 11 aside full field ! ) . Not sure if I could ever run on a treadmill.

We do day hikes summiting mountains, could never do a stair climber, heck, can’t even do the Grouse Grind, the BCMC is much nicer and way less busy.

17 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I heard a mention that Benning and the Canucks are already engaging the league to look at pushing a potential game 7 back to Saturday.  Let's hope that is something that comes to be.

Sunday seems a bit of a stretch but I'm sure game 7 would be moved to Saturday if the Islanders and Canucks both win today.

36 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

also you need some one feeding u a pass to shoot last game jake was wide open on the point screaming for the puck the dman on point didnt pass him it instead passes to a player with a player on him and loses  the puck  cost us a good chance  on pp

You can not rely on others to feed you goals, you also need to get yourself clear and open for a pass and even if that’s the case the lane from the passing player isn’t always open, 

sometime he may get in the right place but citing one example doesn’t really change the fact that if he was shooting more, driving to the net more it would be more reflective either by points or by the eye test.

im no jake hater but he has been invisible this series 

• Like 1

Watching Tuch in this series just makes me so frustrated with Virtanen. If he used his speed he would be so effective.. but he just doesn't.. I don't even think he has value in a trade honestly.. I would be surprised if he fetched anything more than a 3rd rounder.

8 minutes ago, drdeath said:

Sunday seems a bit of a stretch but I'm sure game 7 would be moved to Saturday if the Islanders and Canucks both win today.

Hope not, I already made plans for Saturday and won’t be drinking, ‘Nucks have never won when I’ve been sober.

• Haha 1