Sign in to follow this  
xereau

[GDT] VGK @ Canucks - GAME 6 - Sept 3 2020 - 6:45PM Pacific - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Green Building said:

Without knowing anything about Marky's injury, I am ready to live and die by Demko tomorrow.  

 

Vegas is no joke. They have more talent and discipline than we do, but like we showed throughout the year... we can beat the better team. More than anything I'm just stoked that we get 60 minutes more playoff hockey.  

 

 

I don't know if that's true.  I think they just whine more to the refs and don't seem to get their shenanigans called, and when it is they take one of our guys too.

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

These playoffs have been a Huge success

they've shown what we need and what we don’t.

It’s  shown who shows up when it matters most and who doesn’t.

markstroms a top goaltender in this league.

Demko after not playing since March tossed into an elimination game and looks like an veteran all star. 
the top six Carrying the team.
Bo showing why he’s the captain and a faceoff superstar.

hughes already the teams #1 d and will only get better. 
Motte Showing he’s the best of the bottom six.

 

The needs are still many but it’s a way clearer picture now that the team has been put to the test.


Hope this group can put together two more strong games and put the league on notice. 
GCG

 

I agree but it’s also a benefit because it has shown where our biggest weaknesses we have in competing against top tier teams 

 

to me it’s pretty clear 

 

- depth and quality of the bottom 6

- defensive zone play 

 

Fix  that and we are set 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Imagine if we would win tonight. Wouldn’t that be Great!

We deserve it after all 2020 has put us through -_-

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

These playoffs have been a Huge success

they've shown what we need and what we don’t.

It’s  shown who shows up when it matters most and who doesn’t.

markstroms a top goaltender in this league.

Demko after not playing since March tossed into an elimination game and looks like an veteran all star. 
the top six Carrying the team.
Bo showing why he’s the captain and a faceoff superstar.

hughes already the teams #1 d and will only get better. 
Motte Showing he’s the best of the bottom six.

 

The needs are still many but it’s a way clearer picture now that the team has been put to the test.


Hope this group can put together two more strong games and put the league on notice. 
GCG

 

Well said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I don't know if that's true.  I think they just whine more to the refs and don't seem to get their shenanigans called, and when it is they take one of our guys too.

If you think it's not true we aren't watching the same games. Discipline isn't just 'not taking penalties', it's the structure of their entire attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The only time I saw Bure unleash his full potential was at Nagano in the Olympics. He not only scored, he set up plays, he hit, he back checked. He was a different player than in the NHL. (Maybe it was the big ice?) I don't want Petey to be Bure, I want Petey to be the best player he can. He doesn't take any crap. But he defends, he passes, he tips in pucks, he shoots pucks. And will even hit, and back check and block shots. (Which scares me every time he does). 

Petey doesn't have the flair for the net that Bure did. But he's amazing regardless. And I'd rather have complete players, than snipers. 

The awesome part. Is wait 2-3 more years when he fills out, and gets stronger. 

Datsyuk reborn from what I can see, with a stoic presence of Jean Béliveau to boot.

Edited by xereau
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Imagine if we would win tonight. Wouldn’t that be Great!

13 hours from the now, the imagination will be reality....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win or lose, I am already proud of what this team has accomplished. That being said... GO CANUCKS GO AND LET'S FORCE A GAME FREAKIN' 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.