The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VGK @ Canucks - GAME 6 - Sept 3 2020 - 6:45PM Pacific - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The only time I saw Bure unleash his full potential was at Nagano in the Olympics. He not only scored, he set up plays, he hit, he back checked. He was a different player than in the NHL. (Maybe it was the big ice?) I don't want Petey to be Bure, I want Petey to be the best player he can. He doesn't take any crap. But he defends, he passes, he tips in pucks, he shoots pucks. And will even hit, and back check and block shots. (Which scares me every time he does). 

Petey doesn't have the flair for the net that Bure did. But he's amazing regardless. And I'd rather have complete players, than snipers. 

The awesome part. Is wait 2-3 more years when he fills out, and gets stronger. 

Bure also had a guy named "Gino" giving him lots of extra room and security out there.  Petey flies solo.

Loved Bure and he was amazing...but it was also a different time.  Goalies looked like:

image.png

Not:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Green Building said:

Without knowing anything about Marky's injury, I am ready to live and die by Demko tomorrow.  

Vegas is no joke. They have more talent and discipline than we do, but like we showed throughout the year... we can beat the better team. More than anything I'm just stoked that we get 60 minutes more playoff hockey.  

I don't know if that's true.  I think they just whine more to the refs and don't seem to get their shenanigans called, and when it is they take one of our guys too.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

These playoffs have been a Huge success

they've shown what we need and what we don’t.

It’s  shown who shows up when it matters most and who doesn’t.

markstroms a top goaltender in this league.

Demko after not playing since March tossed into an elimination game and looks like an veteran all star. 
the top six Carrying the team.
Bo showing why he’s the captain and a faceoff superstar.

hughes already the teams #1 d and will only get better. 
Motte Showing he’s the best of the bottom six.

The needs are still many but it’s a way clearer picture now that the team has been put to the test.

Hope this group can put together two more strong games and put the league on notice. 
GCG

I agree but it’s also a benefit because it has shown where our biggest weaknesses we have in competing against top tier teams 

to me it’s pretty clear 

- depth and quality of the bottom 6

- defensive zone play 

Fix  that and we are set 

Edited by canuck2288

11 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

These playoffs have been a Huge success

they've shown what we need and what we don’t.

It’s  shown who shows up when it matters most and who doesn’t.

markstroms a top goaltender in this league.

Demko after not playing since March tossed into an elimination game and looks like an veteran all star. 
the top six Carrying the team.
Bo showing why he’s the captain and a faceoff superstar.

hughes already the teams #1 d and will only get better. 
Motte Showing he’s the best of the bottom six.

The needs are still many but it’s a way clearer picture now that the team has been put to the test.

Hope this group can put together two more strong games and put the league on notice. 
GCG

Well said. 

10 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I don't know if that's true.  I think they just whine more to the refs and don't seem to get their shenanigans called, and when it is they take one of our guys too.

If you think it's not true we aren't watching the same games. Discipline isn't just 'not taking penalties', it's the structure of their entire attack.

58 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The only time I saw Bure unleash his full potential was at Nagano in the Olympics. He not only scored, he set up plays, he hit, he back checked. He was a different player than in the NHL. (Maybe it was the big ice?) I don't want Petey to be Bure, I want Petey to be the best player he can. He doesn't take any crap. But he defends, he passes, he tips in pucks, he shoots pucks. And will even hit, and back check and block shots. (Which scares me every time he does). 

Petey doesn't have the flair for the net that Bure did. But he's amazing regardless. And I'd rather have complete players, than snipers. 

The awesome part. Is wait 2-3 more years when he fills out, and gets stronger. 

Datsyuk reborn from what I can see, with a stoic presence of Jean Béliveau to boot.

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1