The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VGK @ Canucks - GAME 6 - Sept 3 2020 - 6:45PM Pacific - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

13 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Same goes for treadmills lol  never understood the draw

just go outside and walk in the fresh air!!

If you‘re a runner who runs 3-5x/week in Vancouver, the indoor treadmill is a major blessing vs an hour out in the cold n windy rain. Trust me

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

42 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Virtanen's been putting in the same effort level as Wellwood and has 2 points in 14 playoff games. Everyone had this idea that he was going to be a playoff performer - but he just ain't wired like that.

ya theres 6 players on team with no points not counting juolevi or ferland  hes getting more chances than  sutter roussel beagle pearson or gaudette at monent thats why hes getting top 6  playing time   you cant tell me virtanen is doing bad when  other players are    doing worse  its a double standard 

B73CC788-4407-435B-89AA-BBEDE82EF0B9.png

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jake has all of the tools, except the most important one = IQ

Sometimes he looks confused as to what to do with the puck. Once in while he'll make a nice pass, but not often. And comparing him to Tuch is a joke, lower the bar, a lot. Motte is way better than Jake.  

I would agree here. It’s even in his scout report from his draft year. The big risk was that his hockey IQ just wasn’t there and if it develops would be a great player, however he was a bust risk because of it. 

I wouldn’t say Motte is a way better. Talent level Jake is significantly higher than Motte, it’s just that Motte like Hanson is a grafter who puts in the time, does the dirty work without complaining and is dependable and functional. You can trust him.

Jakes shooting ability is phenomenal however he doesn’t always read the play to create the opportunity to shoot and make the most of it 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I would agree here. It’s even in his scout report from his draft year. The big risk was that his hockey IQ just wasn’t there and if it develops would be a great player, however he was a bust risk because of it. 

I wouldn’t say Motte is a way better. Talent level Jake is significantly higher than Motte, it’s just that Motte like Hanson is a grafter who puts in the time, does the dirty work without complaining and is dependable and functional. You can trust him.

Jakes shooting ability is phenomenal however he doesn’t always read the play to create the opportunity to shoot and make the most of it 

also you need some one feeding u a pass to shoot last game jake was wide open on the point screaming for the puck the dman on point didnt pass him it instead passes to a player with a player on him and loses  the puck  cost us a good chance  on pp

Edited by canuktravella

It’s funny how so many like to talk about Jake. He is a 3rd liner that’s isn’t anything special. Conversations about him shouldn’t be so forefront. People need to realize their expectations of this player are not realistic. He has never been and never will be a star in this league. Do I want him to score? Of course I do, as I do with every of member of this team. Do I expect big things from him? No, I don’t. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

If you‘re a runner who runs 3-5x/week in Vancouver, the indoor treadmill is a major blessing vs an hour out in the cold n windy rain. Trust me

I lived in Winnipeg, and for 20 years I used to run outdoors year round. Runner vs the Elements. Treadmills are boring.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I lived in Winnipeg, and for 20 years I used to run outdoors year round. Runner vs the Elements. Treadmills are boring.

Actually treadmills are better for you as they absorb some of that harmful impact to your knees, lower back and hips. They also keep you honest when it comes to speed and time as running outside can subconsciously be at a slower pace and you wouldn’t know it.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Treadmills are boring but they are useful for regulating speed and distance. If you're a runner and want to make sure you're running at a certain pace it's good to train for it on the treadmill to make sure you're hitting it. They're great if you like to do a little running at the start or end of your workout too, it's nice to not have to change clothes or shoes in the middle of the workout. (keeping the indoor gym shoes clean)

Enough about running lol...

I had to wait until after midnight Tuesday to watch the PVR’d version of the game so couldn’t take part in GDT or PGT until afterward. 

That game 5 was one of the most difficult watches in my almost 40 years of following this team. I believed we could win and was blown away by Demko’s performance but the lack of apparent jump and desperation had me just totally uncomfortable for the first 45 minutes or so and it was everything I could do to keep myself from jumping ahead in the recording to try and reach the end of the game once we grabbed the lead. 

Tonight WILL be very different. 

No team so deeply beloved by so many for so long would put their fans through something like that 2 games in a row. 

Bring on game 7!

Go Canucks GO!!!

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

No the way NHL doesn’t schedule the game for prime time hours tomorrow night. Friday, game 7. I’d be blown away if it’s not around 7pm. It would be the biggest game of the whole playoffs so far. They will want lots of viewers. 

You would think that but remember Dallas and Colorado play game seven tomorrow as well. Still hard to believe that Gary wouldn’t want his pet project  (VGK) playing at a good time tomorrow though.

12 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Actually treadmills are better for you as they absorb some of that harmful impact to your knees, lower back and hips. They also keep you honest when it comes to speed and time as running outside can subconsciously be at a slower pace and you wouldn’t know it.

lol, that is true, I'm paying the price these days. Hips and knees. Ahhhh, getting old  :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

You would think that but remember Dallas and Colorado play game seven tomorrow as well. Still hard to believe that Gary wouldn’t want his pet project  (VGK) playing at a good time tomorrow though.

I heard a mention that Benning and the Canucks are already engaging the league to look at pushing a potential game 7 back to Saturday.  Let's hope that is something that comes to be.

• Thanks 1