The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Sept. 03, 2020 | Series tied 3-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

Whatever happens after tomorrow’s game, I can live with Marky walking to UFA. I say use that money to re-sign Tanev or Toffoli. Gotta look to the future and no way we will be able to afford EP40’s and Quinn’s deal if we open the check book to retain Marky, Tanev and Toffoli. 

We also have 6m sitting in the press box. I would package louie with a draft pick and send it to a team who needs to hit cap floor. The actual salary that needs to be paid is not even close to his cap hit so a budget team might still find him useful. 

I would then go after Pietrangelo or Hall

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

EhC3wfmWkAYAvWW?format=jpg&name=large

And QH is the only d-man on that impressive list. Just amazing.

not bad company

Trottier was the best player of his time - imo better than Gretzky - or at the very least, a far more complete player, no contest.

Gretzky - not a bad playmaker.

Crosby and Jagr - a couple 'generational' talents.

A little bit of Hall of Fame flavour on that list.

But no Brian Leetch, Paul Coffey, Bobby Orr, no Ray Bourque, Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, no Erik Karlsson, Duncan Keith, no Neidermeyer, Housley, MacInnis....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

not bad company

Trottier was the best player of his time - imo better than Gretzky - or at the very least, a far more complete player, no contest.

Gretzky - not a bad playmaker.

Crosby and Jagr - a couple 'generational' talents.

A little bit of Hall of Fame flavour on that list.

But no Brian Leetch, Paul Coffey, Bobby Orr, no Ray Bourque, Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, no Erik Karlsson, Duncan Keith, no Neidermeyer, Housley, MacInnis....

That really is the amazing part. Not to mention this team has been shutout like 3 times in these playoffs? did we get shutout vs the blues? i can't remember lol at least 2 shutouts against.

1 hour ago, aznmonk said:

Because the sedins had the inside scoop on petterson.  Sedins told him not to excel and land in 5th for us since we never ever got 1st pick since the sedans. There parting gift to us fans.  Petterson was trained by the sedins.  

No....

Petterson was created from genome 22 and 33 in a secret lab accessed via tunnel under Rogers Arena.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

That felt good. Vegas was so effing entitled and arrogant when up 3-1. It’s like they feel they should be given a championship because of last years fiasco again San Jose. 

Demko, holy hell. This kid is a stud.

I actually said before the series if we rise to the occasion, we could upset Vegas in 7. And how many picked us to push Vegas to 7 games!? That alone is amazing. And we have the chance to boot these f$&@*rs out. 

I hope we do. Oh how sweet that would be. This is where legends are made! 

This is why I like that the game is tomorrow. I think Vegas are frustrated and they do not seem as dangerous.

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

It id good that they do. Less time for the Knights to recover mentally. Puts more momentum in our corner.

The Knights are on "playing player average" (and team average) Older than the Canucks by about 2 years (eye test, I didn't tally it up completely).

Combined with the energy they burn and burned up tonight by how they play, the Canuck youth might be in an advantageous position. Especially with the balanced minutes, particularly late. No Canuck forward even broke 20 minutes, Boeser and Pearson topping out at a hair over 19, Miller mid 18, and everybody else at 17 or fewer. Myers and Eddie logging the "big minutes" at 21:26 and 22:40 respectively - Probably why Myers had a big game for us, he *always* plays better when he's engaged in the game with more minutes. It's like he gets cold if he isn't out there. Eddie in his sweet spot over 20, but under 22 - same deal.  Everybody else sub-20 - Fantenberg, Hughes and Stecher all in the 17 min range. That's a balanced back line.

Knights forwards were similar, but on the back end they rode Schmidt hard - 25 mins last game. He's gonna be gassed tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

We also have 6m sitting in the press box. I would package louie with a draft pick and send it to a team who needs to hit cap floor. The actual salary that needs to be paid is not even close to his cap hit so a budget team might still find him useful. 

I would then go after Pietrangelo or Hall

lol  why the hell do you want hall for  he did absolutely nothing for the coyotes , plus hall will wants 7 or 8 a season and pietrangelo  will want 7 or 8 a season  too we cant afford FA  we need to sign petey and hughes and dump contracts 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Kinda wish he wouldn't say things like that last line

TG and the guys have done a great job of saying nothing in their pressers that could give incentive to the Blights and I'd prefer we keep it that way.

I don't have a problem with his comment - I watched the presser and he wasn't chirping them - he was talking about Demko not allowing a goal - technically/literally those are the hardest games to lose - when your opponent fails to score a goal.  It would have to be taken out of context and twisted to provide contrived incentive.  As Juice said, it doesn't matter if DeBoer plays goal for them if they can't score a goal.

If anything all the Canucks acknowledged how difficult a team they are to play against, including Virtanen, who tipped his hat to McNabb and the hit he took.

I'm also unconcerned about giving them 'incentive'.  Vegas has no business needing incentive or chalk board material.

They've been extremely cocky.  They've shown a lot of disrespect for their opponent - from clucking, to "squirt" to 'stepping on their necks' - that last comment was after a loss. 

If anything, it might be an opportune time to chirp them / take the piss out of them, as they showed some signs of imploding tonight. 

If they need 'incentive' they might realize they could be the first 'major' professional sports franchise to blow consecutive 3-1 series leads in back to back playoffs.  Now there is some negative incentive for them to chew on.  I'm not sure that would help, either, under the circumstances.  I'm not sure any of it matters when the puck drops.....(but it might matter afterwards, if they lose, again, to a rookie goaltender, a squirt, a rookie puck mover - a team like that.)

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2