The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

Really looking forward to this game. Win or lose, it’s been an awesome ride, and the team is a winner in my books.

Most of the worries I’ve seen/heard are about fatigue. Fleury may be coming in fresh, but he also hasn’t exactly been great in the games he’s played (3GP with a 0.893 save% - 0.001 better than Pavel Francouz). On the other hand, Demko is only 24, and has only had to start 2 games total so far. And he’s on an unbelievable heater... on paper I give the edge in net to Vancouver.

As for the skaters, it’s going to be tough on both sides. But for the top players, who is going to recover better? 20 YO Hughes, 21 YO Pettersson, 23 YO Boeser, and 25 YO Horvat? Or 31 YO Pacioretty, 29 YO Marchessault, 28 YO Smith, and 27 YO Stone? Theodore and Tuch are still 25/24, but overall you have to think the Knights will be hurting as much if not more than the Canucks. It’s not like they took game 6 off - they were trying everything to win it last night. And in the previous back-to-back (game 4) Vancouver handled Vegas quite well, but were sewered by goaltending.

Screw it - I’m calling a Vancouver win! Go Nucks!!!

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 1

I'm expecting a huge game from our boys! First ever game 7 for our young core, with all the momentum from the last 2 games on our side!!! No matter which goalie is being played, I trust Green and both of them, they'll give us every chance to be in the game. I'm so proud of these guys, they just don't quit and give it their all every single night! 

LETS GO NUCKS!!!!

• Like 1