The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, xereau said:

So you stole props?

Nope. But I did get all the left over booze every 2 or 3 days. I think there was a bit of skimming going on based on how much they drank and 'partied'. I worked as a gofer for the acct dept. I had a crazy mohawk and beard going on then and the casting director came in and said I was needed on set that week and did 7 days of shooting. None of it ended up in the film that I can see. 

When they wrapped I left with 500 beers, a fair bit of weed and other 'things' and several bottles of whiskey.  Was a solid gig. :) 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

So what does "game management" actually mean?  People like to throw that around as an all purpose excuse/rant/explanation, but what does it really mean?  Can anyone explain?  To me it means meddling with the perceived "entertainment value" in order to sell the game to non-hockey fans in order to increase revenue.  And how else do they achieve that in any significant way other than messing with the officiating?  I used the wrestling comparison not because it is exactly the same but I still think that it is an apt analogy; pro wrestling style refereeing is the end result if you let that kind of thing go unchecked.  It's not just Canucks games, I've been watching other games too and the refereeing is woefully inconsistent.  Either NHL referees are absolutely incompetent or there is something fishy going on.  And "game management" seems to be at the root of it but I don't really know what that means.  Does anybody?  Go Canucks Go!

Subjective Reality. If a team is down, look the other way on infractions, call the team in the lead for the littlest things.

A team tying it late, and coming back in OT to win, builds hype. And all it takes is a phantom call with 3mins to go when the team can give themselves a 2 man advantage.

This generates revenue over time, because the hype generates brand name loyalty.

Its 100% about money.  And this stretches all the way into tinfoil hat territory, for the NHL has discussed in several instances in the past that should a Canadian team win the cup, it means ~$150mil downstream revenue loss from American consumers. 1 in 300 chance that a Canadian team hasnt won the cup since 1993 should pretty much sum it all up for you. The league is absolutely a mafia of sorts, and it's controlled chaos just above the rigged level of the WWE in the end.

Formula.png.a5a3431eafa6260147f86930b2390cd4.png

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Kumquats said:

I knew after the first game that Vegas would gas themselves out. You can't consistently play that way, especially with 2 back to back games in the same series. 

Whoever wins will have to play Sunday, which is 6 games in 8 days. Terrible scheduling.

Let's finish this one out! 

Coconuts Go! 

I think Vegas saw last night as their game seven based on starting Lehner knowing if they lost it put them in a bind. They laid it all out on the line and looked gassed at the end. These last 2 games and the choke job last year has to be in their head and Vegas has shown they get rattled first sign of adversary. I think this game ends up similar to the game 6 clincher. We are 2-0  in elimination games, Vegas is one and three. This team seems to thrive on pressure, which makes sense when we have 5-6 game breakers and proven winners throughout the roster.

• Cheers 1